Job #: 41314
Title: General Manager - Tier I Automotive
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama - United States
Salary: $140,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus + Car Allowance
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a World Class Tier I automotive supplier that has a relatively plant located about an hour east of Birmingham, AL that has an immediate need to fill their position of GENERAL MANAGER. This company is a multi billion dollar company with over 20,000 employees globally. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years HANDS ON experience working as GENERAL MANAGER or PLANT MANAGER or similar within the Tier I automotive environment. A BS degree is required.
The selected candidate will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Full P&L and Budget Responsibilities
- Leadership of high-performing team of managers and sub-ordinates
- Lead operations in a large scale Tier 1 facility with over 400 employees in a unionized and union free environment.
- Spearhead and implement new management systems that align with corporate goals and philosophies
- Institute an environment focused on Safety, Efficiency, Loss prevention and Profitability
- Oversee reporting to Corporate Head Office
- Initiate new systems to improve profitability and waste reduction
- Implement Lean and TPS philosophies
- Oversee and lead all main departments - Quality, Engineering, HR and Finance
Exceptional salary and benefits package!!
Position pays a base of $150,000 to $200,000 + Bonuses and Car Allowance and Other Perks QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following:
- Change agent experience would be helpful. The plant is up and running but at a rough pace. Personalized on the ground experienced leadership is required in a sea of new operation opportunity.
- Experience over sales and marketing as well as Program Launch would be beneficial
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- People skills are ESSENTIAL.
- Strong commitment to safety and quality
- Significant involvement in the development and implementation of TPM, LEAN and SIX SIGMA (where applicable)
- Key decision making ability
- Background in P&L responsibility
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: