Job #: 40749
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: No
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Client, a Global Chemicals business has an opening for a Production Supervisor at their Bridgewater, NJ site. Bring a background in chemical manufacturing to the table and supervisory background (Union experience preferred) for this 1st or 2nd shift opportunity and the ability to grow into so much for for this international company. JOB DESCRIPTION
How will you make an impact?
The Supervisor is a critical role at our client. This position provides leadership and technical support to the value stream. With a focus on continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high profile segment of our growing business.
The Supervisor supports the Value Stream leader in achieving daily production targets prioritized by Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. He/she will be responsible for ensuring all liquids production equipment is operating efficiently and generating optimal product yield. Following the priorities set by the Manager ensures that work stations are set-up and staffed for efficient production, including resolving issues with quality & customer complaints. May back-up Manager in daily Tier meetings or in priority setting.
What will you do?
- Supervise within the strategic priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Optimize sequencing, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently.
- Track worker performance by performing regular Gemba walks and responding to problems immediately.
- Record and report daily metrics within the Daily Management Tier System.
- Manage preventative maintenance program in the production area to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
- Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays.
- Identify all additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements.
- Support and when necessary provide guidance to Value Stream support staff to include engineering, label, quality, and supply chain functions.
- Ensure proper execution of 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates.
- Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits.
- Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership for the areas of supervision to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed our customers expectation.
- Ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains to their department and in accordance with all engineering specifications.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
- Effective employee management skills including dealing with difficult employee situations and providing constructive feedback.
- Ability to coach, counsel and encourage subordinates.
- Responsible to assist in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA requirements.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline or related field with 3+ years of manufacturing supervisory experience in a chemical production environment.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) system and operating distillation process and tanks is a must.
- Experience with PRMS or other ERP/MRP system.
- FDA/GMP experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and make recommendations based on identified dataset.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Databases, Access, Work, Outlook, and Excel.
- Highly motivated and energetic in daily work, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent ability to lead a production staff within a union environment.
- Ability and desire to solve problems to drive continuous improvement at the lowest level but the ability to communicate the need for higher level support when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to provide guidance and mentoring to peers.
- Strong people, team building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Lean & continuous improvement experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and operating experience of Distillation process, batch formulation adjustments or equivalent is preferable.
- Knowledge of chemical distillation process and chemical processing.
- This position requires operating the distillation columns and oversee the safety & quality of the operations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: