Job #: 40799
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: Covington, Tennessee - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company to work for and opportunity for growth!
Tennessee is a TAX FREE state income state!!
REALLY good coffee!!! JOB DESCRIPTION
Essential Job Functions:
- Drives continuous improvement and lean initiatives with a focus on workflow, layout, single point scheduling, Kaizen events, standardized work, and 5S
- Leads projects to simplify processes and product designs (ie. fixturing, design changes, and capital equipment justifications).
- Creates and maintains work standards, product routings and Operation Method Sheets
- Supports the New Product Development and Engineering Change processes through process documentation, routing maintenance, pilot runs, and employee training
- Recommends product design improvements to ensure manufacturability and ease of assembly.
- Performs workflow balancing and time studies
- Works as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing to ensure a smooth implementation of deviations and Engineering Change Notices.
- Participates in various meetings and committees such as Lean Steering Committee, ECN board, etc.
- Plan and design manufacturing processes that are in alignment with company objectives
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and minimum of 3 - 5 years of manufacturing industry experience required
- Must have experience setting time standards and in lean manufacturing
- Must have experience with line balancing, process flow and performing Kaizen events.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: