Job #: 40785
Title: Plant Manager - Longview, TX
Job Location: Longview, Texas - United States
Salary: $150,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 30% incentive bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Stable Organization
- Last Plant Mgr. was promoted to the Corporate office
- Corp. Office is in Dallas
- Longview, TX is a very desirable city to live in - 82,000 populaiton, 30 minutes from Tyler, Texas 100,000 population, 2hrs from Dallas, TX
- Plant is fairly new at this location
- Not a lot of Turnover
Established, Tyler, Texas area manufacturer is seeking a Plant Manager
The Plant Manager will have strategic and tactical responsibility for:
- Implementing manufacturing strategy to achieve the Plant`s Strategic Plan Objectives
- Exceeding customer expectations for safety, product quality, delivery and cost
- Maximizing efficiency, optimizing staffing and production levels to reduce fluctuations, and driving operational excellence
- Providing clear leadership and vision
- Inspiring, developing and motivating staff
- Engaging the bargaining workforce to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills
The Work Youll Be Doing:
- Direct the manufacturing activities of all production lines of the business.
- Responsible for overall management and safely
- Achieve Company objectives at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements
- Drive key performance indicators across all areas of the manufacturing domain to ensure that all production commitments are delivered at cost objectives and on time to the highest quality standards
- Balance workforce to reduce population fluctuation consistent with cost factors
- Modernization of production current processes and insure that manufacturing talent is developed to be ready for next generation manufacturing technology
- Benchmark and share best practices across the company to achieve top standards of Excellence.
- Drive implementation through employee engagement of Lean Business strategy and continuous improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business and ensure lessons learned are enduring, tracked, spread across all of the manufacturing lines
- Instill trust with internal and external key stakeholders, regarding technical support for activities, to achieve best in class manufacturing and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ensure Health, Safety, and Environmental issues are prioritized and facilitated. Work with the Engineering, Safety, Environmental and Facilities departments to mitigate hazards.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Engineering. Masters (MBA) degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years with at least 5 years in leadership and operations management roles
- Must have Union experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing processes, i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, True Lean
The Big Picture Top Skills You Should Possess:
Understands business implications of decisions;
Displays orientation to profitability;
Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
Aligns work with strategic goals.
Develops strategies to achieve operational goals;
Understands organizations strengths & weaknesses;
Identifies external threats and opportunities;
Visions future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
Operations management - Sets and achieves challenging goals;
Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
Measures self against standard of excellence;
Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Identifies and resolves problems with a sense of urgency;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions;
Works well in group problem solving situations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: