Job #: 40778
Title: Precision Field Agronomist - MO (DC-8487)
Job Location: Columbia, Missouri - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, Travel Expense, Company Gas Card, Company Truck, HSA Account, Paid Vacation, 401(k) with Employer Match
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Progressive Ag Organization. Digital Ag Marketer. Consultative Agronomy Selling. Highly Competitive Base Salary plus Commissions plus Benefits package.
Keywords: Agronomist, Sales Agronomist, Precision Agronomist, Agronomy, Precision Ag, Digital Ag, Variable Rate Technology, Soils, Crop Protection, Fertilizer, Seed, Missouri, MO, Columbia, St. Louis, Hannibal, Ag, Agriculture, Jobs, Ag Jobs JOB DESCRIPTION
This employer is seeking Precision Field Agronomists in Northeast, Northwest and West Central Missouri for a local in-field agronomy position. Ideal candidates will be located in their respective agricultural area in Missouri.
This is a grower-focused role based on growing market share through sales, building strong relationships with customers and providing leading-edge agronomic advising services in both traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus and digital products. Our client seeks candidates who enjoy the "challenger sales model" and who have a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on growth and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy that offers grower-specific management products that extend soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics. Key responsibilities:
Sales & Market Share Growth
- Prospecting via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for customer acquisition
- Provide advice to your farmer customers and help them make better business decisions using our proprietary solutions
- Achieve sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Plans and carries out test plots at farms to demonstrate improved varieties of field crops such as corn and soybeans to use as a sales tool
- Convey products and knowledge gleaned from internal team members to growers on a weekly basis
- Crop scouting with growers to show the value of products delivered
- Collecting grower data for spatial data products
- Grower crop plans, rotations, product positioning
- Grower year end data reviews
- Delivery of all portfolio prescriptions (example: Lime, Phosphorus, Potassium, VR Seeding, and VR Nitrogen) with fundamental rationale of each product
- Manage and aid in training summer Interns
- Assist in planning and protocol development for projects that influence grower knowledge of products or concepts
- Work with the Research Team leads on finding identifying growers and fields for projects in your area
Our client is an agronomic tech company that provides farmers with actionable, customized strategies to deliver sustainable outcomes at the sub-acre level. Our independent hands-on approach combines field specific data with agronomic research to meet farmers at the cross-section of technology and a personal agronomist. With our patented grid system, our client provides precise recommendations that help farmers manage inputs and resources and maximize profitability in any given environment. Our client`s recommendations, backed with their own research and proprietary data systems, provide operations prescriptions focused on return on investment and all independently of product manufacturers and retailers. Our client is rapidly expanding its team across the Midwest. The successful candidate will join a team of industry veterans with experience within agricultures leading seed, chemical and agriculture technology companies. QUALIFICATIONS
- Are you a self-starter who would enjoy shaping the future of digital agriculture?
- Do you like being directly engaged with Ag growers in their operations?
- Would you enjoy growing a business and celebrating its success?
- BSc. degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or other related field with 2 or more years of experience making agronomic recommendations directly to the Ag grower; client will also consider individual with AAS degree in Ag-related field with 5 or more years of related experience
- CCA or ability to obtain within first year of employment
- Demonstrated passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and assist customers in making optimal decisions
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture required with strong technology base
- Comfortable in challenging customers and playing the role of change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and to align them into compelling value propositions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
- Currently residing within the desired territory with established Ag grower relationships
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: