Job #: 40030
Title: People & Development Director
Job Location: Brooklyn, New York - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Cool trendy brand with tons of growth and development opportunities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Luxury private members club/residence in Brooklyn is looking for an experienced HR leader. Part of a major brand with global reach - great opportunity for growth and development.
- Strategic business partner to local leadership, helping to manage all training and development for staff of 200+ employees.
- Prepare and maintain People budget, as well as develop an appropriate Learning and Development budget for the House each annual year.
- Participate in Unemployment, EEO, Wage and Hour, Workers Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings.
- Communicate and implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance to all employees.
- Instruct, train and ensure management staff knows how to interpret and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, background and reference checking of all personnel
- Recruit, interview and recommend exempt and non-exempt personnel; Conduct FLSA reviews to determine employee status.
- Maintain employee benefit programs and employee engagement initiatives.
- Set-up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations and annual increases.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as hire, transfer, promotions, etc
- Implement, participate, and monitor induction and orientation programs and develop managers/supervisors for future advancement.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive programs as well as ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOPs.
- Monitor and analyze turnover reports and use data metrics to understand trends with hiring.
- Maintain Employee of the Month/Year Program, and all other employee relations programs.
- Practice positive employee relations, including maintaining a positive morale and a genuine, upbeat work environment
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources management experience in a hotel or related industry; or a bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with HRIS, payroll, and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with compensation benchmarking and working with variable compensations such as bonuses
- Familiarity with employment law and experience with employee investigations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is imperative
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- EXTENSIVE knowledge of employment and labor laws in Illinois.
- Proven ability to manage teams through effective leadership skills
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled and experienced at difficult decision making
- SHRM Certified preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: