Job #: 40569
Title: Process Development Engineer - Plastics & Polymers
Job Location: Nanuet, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- (1) This is an environmentally friendly green process development effort where all employees have a vested interest in success. (2) An opportunity to grow and learn new skills while making an immediate impact. (3) Work remotely at times as the CEO prefers that people spend time working rather than commuting." (See more details below)
Our client is ready to hire a couple more innovative Engineers. #readytohire
The work: Become a key contributor on the team responsible for developing recycled plastic materials into a feedstock for a downstream chemical reaction. Using your knowledge in polymers & plastics, lead research efforts to expands beyond the initially demonstrated process by learning and understanding how various plastic materials impact the chemical reaction. Your initial focus will be scale-up from Lab to the Pilot Plant whereas, your closest co-worker is focusing from the Pilot Plant to Commercial Scale and thinking more about the equipment aspect of this project. But this is a small company with a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Initially, lead trials on a small scale but ultimately participate at the demonstration plant as they scale-up through to commercialization.
- Learn how the various plastic materials and contaminants impact the downstream reactive process.
- Participate in analysis and characterization of various plastic materials and their contaminants.
- Assist your group Director in evaluating business partners who will be brought in as recycle plastic suppliers; Advise suppliers on decontamination and other processing steps.
- Partner with co-workers on the Chemical Process Development team as they scale-up the reactive process that uses the plastic feedstocks provided by your team; Review their Pilot Plant reports for information that pertains to feed properties, composition, particle size, etc.
- Partner with the catalyst team to understand what aspect of feedstocks may contaminate the catalyst and work to develop processes to decontaminate these materials.
- Participate in solving material handling and solids processing problems through vendor trials, toll manufacturers, or engineering contractors.
- Understand basic supply chain limitations and learn more about the Material Recovery Faculties (MRF) that process the recycled trash and supply plastic materials.
- Eventually, participate in commercial plant design.
Work Location: There will be a long-term hybrid work model with some opportunity to work from home while your primarily work location will be the HQ and Lab in NY (near the NY- NJ state border map search Nanuet NY).
- Anticipate less than 50% travel to equipment vendors and toll manufacturing sites.
- Influence your own work schedule, but relocation to the NY suburban area HQ is expected for frequent interactions with lab employees. (Cost of living is lower than expected and details will be provided.)
Applicant Background Requested:
Experience scaling-up and troubleshooting plastic processes with an emphasis on extrusions or blow molding. This company DOES respect your ability to learn and grow. (Sorry no sponsorship or OPT.)
- Minimum BS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or related.
- Preferred- Masters or PhD degree in Engineering.
Youre strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the education requirement above plus only the top 2 experiences requirements below. (You`ll have the opportunity to learn so much on this job!)
- 5 40 years in polymers & plastics processing (any extrusion, blow molding, thermoforming processes)
- Some extrusion experience is preferred
- Experience with scale-up of processes that involve polymers and plastics manufacturing
- Best with understating of material properties
- Familiar with reworking off-spec manufactured plastic materials (with recycle of off-spec materials back into the extrusion or molding process).
- Knowledge of solids handling and processing equipment (i.e. grinders & crushers, screening, conveyors, washing, filtration etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with simple drawing software like Visio or AutoCAD.
- Desirable PLUS Skills - not required:
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and analysis of plastic material chemicals composition.
- Familiar with solids handling lines that include conveyors, robotics, optical scanners, and etc.
- Familiars with Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. They value diversity and people of all backgrounds and all ages.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: