Job #: 40564
Title: Area Instrumentation Engineer
Job Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a top chemical manufacturer and provider of chemicals to petrochemical and steel manufacturers as well as refineries, is looking for a talented Instrumentation Engineer to be located in the Allentown, PA, to support 11 of their plants in the Northeast Region (From Virginia to Montreal, Canada). JOB DESCRIPTION
What you will enjoy doing:
As one of their Area Instrumentation Engineers, you will be responsible for the process instrument portion of the Area Maintenance and Reliability Hub teams mission. Some of the specific tasks that this role will do are:
- Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support for the installed process instrumentation to the plants within the area.
- Performing instrument equipment reliability, efficiency and contingency reviews.
- Driving the completion of action plans to reduce and eliminate gaps and risks identified in reviews.
- Proactively reviewing instrumentation condition-based monitoring data and equipment reports to ensure reliable operation.
- Reviewing and approving the application of plant instrumentation systems PMs, work instructions, and related procedures.
- Reviewing the quality and completeness of instrumentation PM execution within the area production plants.
- Providing technical training to the instrumentation technicians in the area.
- Supporting the development of instrumentation reliability and maintenance procedures for internal standards publication.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- A history of both personally working safely and helping promote a safety culture at production plants.
- The ability to identify, define, estimate, plan and execute instrumentation maintenance and improvement projects in an industrial setting.
- Has strong leadership skills to be able to implement change in a geographically diverse organization.
- Possesses strong communications skills to be able to effectively communicate both up and down the organization structure.
- Knowledgeable in industrial plant operations. Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development.
- Management by influence experience delivering results in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to deliver results.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial operational and engineering environment
- Minimum 10 years of experience in industrial instrumentation
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and codes
- Good knowledge of the National Electrical code
- Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM preferred
- Professional qualifications and licensing preferred
- Six Sigma qualification a plus?
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: