Job #: 40678
Title: Product Application Scientist
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Be part of a team focused on technology that will change peoples lives. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Product Application Scientist (PAS) is at the forefront of introducing the suite of emerging technologies and applications to global customers through the introduction, positioning, training, and supporting of customers adopting the technologies. Additionally, this person is critical in ensuring the customer experience is communicated back into the R&D, product management and global service and support organizations. Will be responsible for providing various types of support to customers, which can include pre-sales discussions and both field and internally-based support. At this moment, main focus will be on the companies primary platform and its applications. Feature responsibilities will expand to newly developed platforms and applications.
- Provide training and experimental consultation to customers who adopt new technologies and applications in the initial stages of release.
- Provide post-training support on the instrument, applications, and data analysis field-based or internally-based.
- Partner with the Technical Services team in advising and building the post-training support requirements, processes, and strategies.
- Partner closely with the Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) in positioning the new platforms and applications.
- Develop and manage partnerships that may contribute to early access programs for these new platforms and applications.
- Partner with and provide input to the Software Development team in the development and continual evolution and improvement of the platform software.
- Conduct seminars and technical presentations either in the field or remotely and engage in customer meetings as strategically required.
- Provide thorough training to other members of the internal and field-based support teams.
- Spearhead and drive initiatives that enhance the customer experience.
- Partner with R&D in the development and testing of new applications and protocols.
- Provide information and intelligence into the Service, Engineering, and Product Management teams as it relates to future enhancements to the technology.
- Assist or lead the development of technical information including white papers, technical notes, and application notes.
- Document all customer interactions into the CRM system.
- Ph.D. in a biomedical science (or related field) required; commensurate experience considered.
- Minimum of 4 years as a research scientist in a biomedical research related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in areas including biological imaging and/or immunochemistry, multiplex assays, protein biochemistry and Flow Cytometry
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the adoption of innovative new technologies with early adopters.
- Requires excellent organization and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience and ability to present scientific presentations to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and can deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to travel - domestic and international; up to 50-75%.
- Experience with biostatistics and computational data analysis is strongly preferred.
- Commercial and/or customer support experience desirable.
University - PhD
How to Apply: