Job #: 40731
Title: Telecom Test Engineer
Job Location: Egg Harbor City, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: NO
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunuty JOB DESCRIPTION
Industry leader in aviation engineering and management consulting. We apply proven principles and innovative approaches to solve tomorrows problems today. Since 2001, our staff of experienced, passionate and creative professionals has provided our government and commercial clients with innovative solutions to modernize air traffic systems and advance global initiatives in safety, efficiency, and capacity.
Your Role with the Company
This position will be responsible for supporting the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise Program, Infrastructure and Communication Services contract. The candidate will work on the IV&V testing activities, which include testing of the VoIP radios, supporting the VoIP N-VIT lab, VoIP ED-137 standards tasks.
Primary duties and responsibilities include
- Test and evaluate policies and processes, including test plan, test procedure and test report development, and test execution.
- Analyze and edit both draft and final versions of a variety of scientific and technical papers, graphics, and manuscripts prepared by professional staff, management, or outside contractors.
- Pseudo Wire Emulation, software and prototype development, data quality assessment, security, and system architecture and design.
- Requirements development, analysis, and verification.
- Establish communications test beds, including facility, physical, interface, and installation requirements.
- Bachelors degree in science-related field with minimum eight (8) years of professional engineering experience OR Masters degree and five (5) years of experience.
- Knowledge of radio equipment, preferably Air/Ground radios used for air traffic control.
- Knowledge of networking & telecommunication standards, protocols, and topologies.
- Direct experience with configurations and management of network technologies, Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols/standards and network equipment such as network monitoring devices, routers and switching equipment (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, other).
How to Apply: