Job #: 40488
Title: Capital Project Management Leader
Job Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 16% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, the worlds largest producer of Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) catalyst for refineries, is hiring a Capital Project Manager/Team Lead for their Lake Charles (LC), LA site. This role is responsible for managing the site Project Management (PM) Team including mentoring, allocation of resources to achieve individual project and business goals. Youll become site SME for the Project Methodology including controls, tools, standards, and operating procedures and advise the PM group as such, serve as site leader for the portfolio and budget. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Coach/mentor team on various topics such as project scope definition, design, equipment procurement, construction management, Capital Authorization Requests (CARs) workflow including financial justification and alternatives, Gate Reviews and required deliverables, environmental, health, safety and security reviews.
- Prepare and track project portfolio budget including preparing forecasting and expenditure.
Ensure projects are designed and installed following engineering principles and in accordance with national codes, standards and Process Safety Management (PSM) procedures/standards.
- Develop and maintain an efficient system for engineering document workflow, including management of the Process Safety Information (PSI), SAP & document control information, and project specific attention to spare parts, etc.
- Participate in safety programs and initiatives, MOC, PHA, PSSR, as well as support efforts such as RCCAs.
- Oversee and manage stakeholder needs ensuring appropriate balance of priorities; Assures project engage with appropriate stakeholders for regulatory compliance matters, including environmental and process safety, and a safe workplace for all employees and contractors.
- Work with Project Controls and others to improve systems, workflows and tools for use across the PM function and company.
- Manage use of outside contractors, engage in contractor steering activities with key service providers to foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Lead the development of new/improved LC engineering work practices for project execution.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot project start up, operational and maintenance problems, and recommends solutions through redesign, replacement or improved operating and repair methods.
- Proven ability to execute all phases of project management (preliminary engineering, authorization, detail design, construction, and commissioning/startup, and close out)
- Ability to interface effectively across all reporting levels, while working in a matrixed and fast-paced team environment
- Driving a culture of safety and teamwork
- B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
- 10+ years engineering project management experience overseeing projects of $5-50M
- 5+ years experience managing a team of project managers to include coaching and developing employees for advancement
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: