Job #: 39531
Title: Senior Director of Product Planning
Job Location: Los Angeles, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This candidate reports to the CEO
- This candidate would oversee a few people on their team from the start and as the company grows, their team would grow with SME`s.
- This would be a very integral role, directly affecting the companys growth and direction.
Senior Director of Product Planning
The Senior Director of Product Planning and will report to the CEO directly. This candidate will be responsible for the full range of product planning activities. Your ultimate deliverables are Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) that engineering will transform into products. Youll work closely with other business groups (corporate marketing, business development, strategic marketing) and engineering teams (core tech, SDK, platforms) to chart future product development, informed by market requirements and competition developments. The first member of the product planning team must be a generalist, able to develop PRDs for chips, systems, and our SDK. As we build our product portfolio, well expand to include specialists for each area. This candidate would oversee a few people on their team from the start and as the company grows, your team would grow with SME`s.
Skills most likely to generate interviews:
PRD Development for Chips, Systems, and SDK
Experience with both hardware (Chips and Modules) and software products
Experience with Semiconductor companies
- Develop PRDs based on guidance from marketing (MRDs) and the company leadership council.
- Establish PRD data collection and refinement process.
- Develop Pro-forma straw man product proposals for use in discussions with customers.
- Initiate, execute and facilitate product feedback and input discussions with customers, advisors, peers, academics, and other sources.
- Refine inputs into an actionable PRD that integrates into and informs our overall product roadmap.
- Monitor product development progress to ensure that any late-arriving market intelligence is properly incorporated into in-flight product developments whenever possible.
- Contribute to and utilize our competitive landscape briefing document that captures all of the intelligence and inputs we can discern from customers, primary & bespoke research, and feedback from the market.
- Assess competition moves and prepare analysis documents to educate company management. Further, analyze market moves by other vendors to identify opportunities to enhance products.
- Lead product planning council meetings (formal quarterly, informal monthly).
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years relevant experience electronics industry in technical marketing or design roles.
- BS in EE, CS, Math, or Physics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and ability to engage in product feature specification planning for chips, systems, and software.
- Even balance of technical and business acumen equally adept at discussing business goals with customers marketing teams and technical requirements with customers engineering teams.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up company environment.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills along with excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and the ability to pick up new technologies.
- Experience in AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Smart Vision, Robotics, or related domains is a plus.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: