Job #: 40444
Title: Scala Engineer
Job Location: , - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: BONUS
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Very competitive salary.
- Healthy bonus.
- 100% paid - Health care for individuals and families.
- Well funded.
- Proven leadership team.
- B-Corp - strong culture.
- Great Press - Gartner Report, Forrester Report and beyond
A fast-growing data management SaaS company is looking for a Scala engineer. The right candidate will ideally have experience deploying and running Apache Spark in a production AWS environment, will have experience managing data at scale using relational databases and SQL, and will be comfortable with graph algorithms and real-world mission-critical business-oriented use-cases.
- Build Apache Spark code in Scala to drive a pipeline of graph-based transformations.
- Work closely with product, engineering, documentation and business stakeholders to ensure the delivery, improvement and further evolution of the system, both functionally and in scale.
- Contribute working within a small, dedicated collaborative agile team.
- Execute on a key area of the data platform.
- BS in technology or engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as an engineer, including data engineering.
- Experience working with Apache Spark and with Scala/Java systems.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - particularly algorithms, graph processing, and relational data (SQL) experience.
- experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and comfort with DEVOPS will be a strong plus.
- An appreciation of the user, even when you`re building a backend or API.
- Familiarity with a variety of languages and libraries.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: