Job #: 40155
Title: HR Director
Job Location: , California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the President, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for improving the performance of employees, management, and the company through strategic leadership and culture initiatives in alignment with the companys mission, strategy, and values. Areas of responsibility include, HR strategy and planning, talent acquisition and onboarding, change leadership, compensation, benefits and recognition, employee engagement and communications, labor relations, performance management, and workforce development. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develop HR strategy aligned with the companys business strategy, in partnership with the executive team. Lead execution of strategic initiatives.
- Support the companys current and future business needs through a talent management strategy that facilitates the attraction, recruitment, development, engagement, motivation, and retention of talent.
- Leverage HR and business best practices. Evaluate legislation, arbitration decisions, collective bargaining contracts and competitive practices to identify relevant industry trends and best practices.
- Model to and partner with the executive team to operationalize the companys cultural values to nurture a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Integrate an employee engagement approach into the HR strategy, including an internal communications plan.
- Negotiate and enforce Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Consult with outside legal counsel in matters of employment practices and corporate policies to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Identify government reporting requirements impacting HR and ensure that all procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Maintain current Plant Rules, Code of Safe Work Practices, and Administrative Personnel Policies.
- Administer the Companys benefit programs (health, dental, vacation, etc.) to ensure competitiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Human Resources or Finance with an emphasis in Human Resources; Master of Science in Human Resources preferred.
- 10+ years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within the human resources field.
- Experience in food manufacturing or agricultural goods processing industry.
- Ability to partner effectively with peers and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company within an environment of rapid growth and change.
- Broad knowledge of employment, compensation, benefits, organizational planning and development, employee relations, and training & development.
- Ability to lead by example with staff, as well as to coach, motivate, develop, reward and discipline employees.
- In-depth understanding of federal, multi-state, and local employment laws and industry best practices.
- Superior active listening skills with demonstrated experience in conflict resolution, mediation and managing employee relations.
- Active involvement in professional human resource organizations (SHRM or similar organization).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: