Job #: 39571
Title: Sr Backend Software Developer
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
** Position can be fully remote or opportunity to work from their downtown St. Petersburg, FL office.
Starting in 2022 we will be offering a wellness reimbursement, pet bereavement, 25 days of PTO for all employees, birthday PTO, 2 floating holidays and 9 other holidays throughout the year, 8 hours per quarter to volunteer, and a continuous education reimbursement on top of our other benefits. And an amazing work culture with great workplace flexibility.
- We are a Hybrid workplace! Come to the office if you want or dont. Your choice!
- We hire talented people so you wont be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 18 days of Paid Time Off your first year woo hoo!
- Paid Parental Leave for new moms and dads
- 11 Paid Holidays for the year
- On-site gym
- Health is important we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Exciting team activities, both virtual and in person
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages, snacks, and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will work closely with our Platform and Product team to help deliver a world class Lead Collection, Aggregation, Distribution and Management Marketing platform! We are all about connecting Brands to Local customers, and in turn assisting with their lead to revenue management. Our core platform supports roughly 100M product variations syndicated to over 10K localized web storefronts. Youll be joining our remote engineering team at a formative time as we work to deliver on the next generation of our innovative platform. Youll have the opportunity to contribute to each part of our agile development process, including planning, development, testing, review, and support.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience with building engaging consumer products. Youll have experience working as part of small teams or at early stage companies, and feel comfortable with ambiguity and working independently in order to make progress. If youre looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities, with a high degree of autonomy, then we want to talk to you!
AWESOME PARTS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
- Building new innovative backend features that enrich the platform
- Architecting and leading the implementation for technical initiatives of key features/applications
- Conducting peer code reviews for other team members and providing meaningful feedback
- Testing and validating changes in all environments, including monitoring of functionality in production
- Helping to refine business requirements and distill them into technical milestones
- Planning and estimating work in sprints
- Providing support to QA and Product teams when further technical investigation is needed
- Coaching newer Engineers in best-practice approaches to solving a wide array of technical challenges
- Contributing to retrospectives in order to help elevate and improve our team each sprint
WHAT WE WANT (PREFERRED)
- You really care about customer outcomes and you want to build a product that fundamentally changes how Brands forge relationships with their customers
- You have a record of open source contributions
- You have experience with K8s
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- There is travel up to 10% of the time
- There is a need to lift 15lbs
WHAT WE NEED (REQUIRED)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ Years of software development experience
- Proficiency with at least one back-end language (we primarily use Go)
- Proficiency with relational and schemaless databases (we primarily use Cockroach and Google Datastore)
- Experience with GitHub or other SCM (we use GitHub)
- Solid understanding of agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with CI/CD. (we use Azure Pipelines)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: