Job #: 38159
Title: VP, Risk Strategy Credit Card Acquisitions (CRG 1741)
Job Location: Las Vegas, Nevada - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus 20-25% +
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a great bank with a super strong culture of accountability, analytics, and data. I`ve personally placed people at the level of a Senior Analyst and seen them advance up to C-level in under 10 years.
They have never laid off a person, not after 9/11, not in 2008, and not now. They don`t believe that a person should lose their job to improve the balance sheet. It doesn`t mean candidates are guaranteed a job forever. People who are not doing their job well will be released, but it will be after every effort is made to find a better fit within the organization.
There is ABSOLUTELY no flexibility on location, even in the midst of Covid-19. Relocation assistance is available. They will sponsor candidates who are already in the USA. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a successful credit card issuing bank, headquartered in Las Vegas. Established more than 30 years ago, they are one of the largest and fastest growing banks in the industry, providing a broad spectrum of credit card products to over 7 million card members. They issue credit cards under their brand, as well as cobranded cards for the NHLs Vegas Golden Knights, NASCAR, and others.
This position is a part of the Risk Management department, tasked with identifying revenue opportunities and risk trends by monitoring the performance of our existing portfolio, growth opportunities, and general market trends. We develop and implement strategies for credit line increases, authorizations, collection, fraud, retention, and the sale of revenue based products.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate opportunities for new product offerings and develop business strategy to bring products to market.
- Generate acquisition market expansion opportunities.
- Leverage alternative data to increase approval rates and expand marketable universe.
- Collaborate with Marketing and other Risk teams to design and execute tests across all origination channels.
- Transform acquisitions and strategic decisioning infrastructures with an emphasis on enhanced flexibility and speed to market.
- Prepare financial projections on acquisition programs.
- Advise on strategic decisions to ensure alignment with performance hurdles.
- Forecasting of account performance, revenues, and costs
- Evaluate business opportunities to assess expected performance against baselines/targets
- Interact with senior management and business owners
- Provide oversight to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to provide insight into the profitability performance trends.
- Ensure the work/projects done by the acquisition team translate to bottom line impact
- Provides analytical support to ensure the company goals are met.
- Anticipate issues based on knowledge of industry trends and propose solutions.
- Oversee the implementation of new portfolio and strategic management tools for new areas of acquisition and portfolio expansion.
- 7 10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years analytical experience in Banking, Finance, or related industry.
- Strong Knowledge of financial analysis, credit reporting and profitability drivers.
- 4 year degree in quantitative area such as accounting, business administration, finance, mathematics, economics or a minimum of 2 years of college-level business or statistical classes and equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS.
- Strong communication skills and political savvy.
- Self-starter, who can work independently with a high degree of organization on several projects at one time.
- Must have well developed organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, and the flexibility, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Sound project management skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: