Job #: 40083
Title: Process Engineer - Solids Processing
Job Location: Nanuet, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Contribute in this environmentally friendly green process development effort where all employees have a vested interest in success.
- Experience a good diversity highly visible work - an opportunity to grow and learn new skills while making an immediate impact and contribution to the business.
- Opportunity to work remotely at times with your primary work location being on-site at the HQ and lab. In general, the CEO prefers to "have people spend time working rather than commuting" but in this role there will be substantial interactions with lab employees.
In support of process development and process design effort, you will be a key contributor to the team responsible for decontaminating solid plastic feedstocks and getting them into a workable form to feed the downstream reactive process. This is a small company with a highly matrixed organizational structure, and you`ll have the opportunity to grow into the commercial design role.
- Solve material handling and solids processing problems through vendors (trials) and in partnership with toll manufacturers and engineering contractors.
- Scale-up from small trials through to commercialization.
- Partner with the chemical process development team as they scale up the reactive process that uses the feedstocks provided by your team.
- Review co-workers Pilot Plant reports (from the reactive process) for information that pertains to adjustments in solid feed properties, composition, and particle size.
- Partner with the catalyst team to understand what aspect the feedstocks may contaminate the catalyst and developed processes to decontaminate these materials.
- Understand basic supply chain limitations and learn more about industries that supply the solids.
- Participate in commercial plant design.
Work Location: At the HQ and Lab in NY (near the NY- NJ state border map search Nanuet NY) with a hybrid work model; some work from home. Anticipate travel to equipment vendor facilities and toll manufacturing/ pilot plant sites. (Less than 50% travel) QUALIFICATIONS
Applicant Background Requested:
Experience scaling-up and troubleshooting processes that include reworking off-spec manufactured plastic products (perhaps recycle back into the extrusion or molding process). You are strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the education requirements plus only the top 3 experience requirements below. They will respect the applicants ability to learn and grow. (Sorry no sponsorship or OPT.)
- A minimum BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Polymer Science or related.
- Masters or PhD degree in engineering desired.
- 5 40 years in plastic recycling OR plastics processing (any extrusion, blow molding, thermoforming)
- Experience with scale-up of processes that involve solids handling, preferable plastics processes.
- Knowledge of solids handling and processing equipment (i.e. grinders & crushers, screening, conveyors, washing, filtration etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with simple drawing software like Visio or AutoCAD.
- Desirable PLUS Skills - not required:
- Modeling of a solids handling processes is desirable. (g-Prom, Fluent, Python, or ASPEN plus etc.)
- Has spent some time in a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
- Experience in materials handling of various woodchips or other biomass feedstocks.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: