Job #: 40056
Title: Product Design Engineer lll (EE)
Job Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a private equity company that is in growth mode! - hiring top talent. JOB DESCRIPTION
SCOPE & BASIC FUNCTION:
- This position is responsible for the design of new electronic products across a wide cross-section of the business
- Creativity, broad understanding of specific engineering processes, and results oriented project management are the skills required for this position
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to team based activities is also key to success in this position, being able to work with cross-functional teams including non-engineering members
- The core deliverable of this position is the design of electronic products and test stations for high-volume manufacturing, including schematics, printed circuit board layouts, bill of materials, and embedded firmware
- There is a hands-on component of the position, involving constructing and debugging prototype equipment utilizing, for example, soldering equipment, oscilloscopes and multi-meters
- This position involves overseas travel to support pilot production runs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design: Maintains existing products, including component obsolescence, creates clean sheet designs of some or all of the electronics hardware and firmware portions of new products, modifies existing schematics, PCB layouts and firmware to support new functionality.
- Testing: Responsible for developing and conducting statistically sound testing techniques which meet functional and regulatory requirements and use appropriate specified and/or acquired testing facilities and equipment and report those test results in a professional and easily understandable manner.
- Quality: Responsible for assuring the design incorporates manufacturing limitations and capabilities, specifies important functional, aesthetic, and performance attributes, and defines tolerances for critical components and raw materials. Works with supply chain management to assure a timely supply of components for manufacturing.
- Responsible for benchmarking competitive products and maintaining a current knowledge of products, designs, and capabilities to enable the identification of the company`s related product advantages and disadvantages.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5 years of experience in consumer products development, project management, and engineering activities
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: