Job #: 38575
Title: Director, Field Marketing - Events, Media, Sponsorship
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: + 30% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Exciting opportunity to build upon past success for National and Reginal events for high growth, highly engaging brands. Will motivate, guide and support Regional Marketing managers and maange National events, concerts, runs and build upon sampling program to continue to drive growth of business. National role that will partner with Sales Leaders, Company Executive team and broad Marketing organization. Ideal candidate is high energy, strong project manager with the ability to build rapport and influence at all levels. JOB DESCRIPTION
As a member of the senior Marketing Leadership Team, the Director of Regional Marketing is responsible for activating and driving MABI brand relevance and marketing plans across 7 regions to reach annual growth goals. This includes development and execution of national and local sponsorships, events, activations, and media plans. Must partner with Sales General Managers and Distributors in each of the 7 regions to build winning marketing plans. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role requires a charismatic leader who will own and deliver winning results.
The ideal candidate is a natural relationship-builder with the ability to speak the language of the business, translating marketing metrics into business drivers that the Sales and Distributor partners value. An inclusive leader with a passion for coaching other team members on best practices to gain buy-in to deliver results. This is an influential role, so the ability to communicate clearly, persuasively, and assertively is a must.
We desire a strategic thinker who can build trusting partnerships while developing and executing Regional Marketing plans that can be clearly articulated and valued. Our team is forward-thinking and high energy, so we are looking for a self-motivated leader who thrives when balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a strong bias for action.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
This role requires an experienced people leader who will oversee a talented and growing team of 7 Regional Marketing Mangers and 1 National Sponsorship Manager. Will be responsible for developing a National sponsorship strategy including sports and entertainment venues and national tours. In addition, will develop and oversee local marketing activity including events, sampling, and media planning across 34+ priority markets. We require a go-getter who can identify local opportunities to supplement National marketing strategies that include on and off premise activation, events, consumer promotions, partnerships and media.
Strategic Planning (40%)
- Alignment between Regional Marketing Managers and Sales GMs on brand positioning and execution of local activation and marketing opportunities
- Ensure regional plans and execution align to national brand and marketing strategy
- Develop local events and venue sponsorship strategy for all portfolio brands
- Develop Regional sampling strategy across priority markets
Technical Functions (15%)
- Responsible for Regional Marketing budgets, including contractual obligations
- Manage adherence of legal requirements and approvals
- Retail integration
Logistical Functions (15%)
- Lead planning and execution of Annual National Commercial Conference with 1,000+ attendees
- Lead Taste the Difference training and sampling approach act as the brand and liquid expert
Team & Leadership Functions (30%)
- Build Regional Marketing team, recruiting and training best-in-class team and implementing disciplined processes to win in market
- Manage internal team and external agency relationships to consistently over-deliver against results and while fostering a culture people want to be a part of
- Measure the business impact and set KPIs to continually optimize team performance
- 10+ Years of Experience Building and Managing National & Regional Events, Sampling, Sponsorship
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience Managing a National Team
- Experience Supporting Executive Level Leadership
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to inspire confidence and quickly capture the trust and respect of team and business.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills including presentation and negotiation.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and work within ambiguity.
- Apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to team focuses and alignment.
- Develop sourcing strategies through a variety of channels including social media platforms, social events, organization(s) partnerships and vendor relationships.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: