Job #: 38825
Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Southbridge, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus/ excellent benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a $500 million dollar multi-unit medical device innovator. The business operates independently from its European based parent...Due to the nature of the business, our client is and has been on site.
Our target candidate has at least 3 plus years of experience ( more experience is a plus) values a professional environment that believes in being involved with the business and exposure to other internal stakeholders and is turned on by being in a technology driven business.
This is a great opportunity to strengthen your core skills and grow as a business professional JOB DESCRIPTION
This new role will support accounting operations activities, the transformation of these processes and assessing internal controls.
Ongoing activities include assisting in the monthly close and year-end statutory financial reporting.
Project involvement is varied and ranges from transformation and improvement of shared service processes inside the Companys internal controls framework, to assisting manufacturing and purchasing and supply chain operations in improving/ simplifying end-to-end business processes, eliminating ineffective steps while adhering to robust internal controls and compliance standards.
- Partner with department heads in understanding cost drivers and variances to achieve business targets.
- Manage receivables with intercompany subsidiaries and posts incoming payments.
- Reconciles intercompany balances with subsidiaries.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Works with vendors and departments to resolve Accounts Payable issues
- Prepare and process Payroll, specific to process bi-weekly payroll; reconcile and maintain benefit accruals; post payroll journal entries; reconcile 941 to G/L; maintain and reconcile all payroll related general ledger accounts; perform month end payroll accrual; re-class labor costs to engineering project codes; track labor hours and provides reporting as requested.
- Once acclimated to on-going needs, the selected individual will participate in other reporting activities and special projects.
- Bachelors Degree is require; a Masters in Accounting and/or Finance is preferred;
- CPA is highly valued; audit experience is preferred
- 3 plus years of relevant experience is required; strong understanding of GAAP is required;
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and accounting is necessary; exposure to cost accounting is a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, payroll, AP/R systems preferred.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex data as a basis for process improvement recommendations and implement solutions
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: