Job #: 38914
Title: Process Technology Engineer (bioprocessing)
Job Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you interested in working for a Global Leader in their industry and Fortune Company? Do you have an Engineering background in the Bioprocessing field? If so, this may be a role for you. Industry leader is seeking a Process Technology Engineer. Excellent benefits, competitive salary and bonus and comprehensive relocation. Commutable from most of Central and North Jersey and parts of Eastern PA.
The Process Technology Engineer will be responsible for supporting new process/product development, evaluating new technology and provide commercialization and manufacturing support. Will travel up to 25% to support various manufacturing sites. JOB DESCRIPTION
This person will be part of a team in the the Process Technology Group that supports biochemical process and product development. Duties include but not limited to:
- Support the development of new ingredients and processes for the food & beverage industry
- Participate in R&D projects regarding new technologies.
- Evaluate the financial costs vs value of new technologies to determine viability of those products.
- Participate in the development, scale up and commercialization of new processes and products.
- Provide financial evaluation and justification for new technology commercialization
- Utilize root cause analysis to troubleshoot and optimize processes.
- Will occasionally travel to other manufacturing sites (up to 25%), both domestically and internationally to lead scale up trials and support technology transfer.
- BS/MS in Biochemical, Chemical or Food Engineering with 5+ years or PhD with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Should have extensive experience with bioreactor/fermenter design, downstream purification (chromatography, filtration etc) and scale-up and commercialization of new processes and products.
- Experience with Bioconversion processes and plant based proteins a plus.
- Related industries include pharmaceuticals, biotech, food processing or nutraceuticals
- Knowledge in continuous improvement methodologies including Lean Six-Sigma.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: