Job #: 38758
Title: Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Job Location: Fairfax, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Innovative employer with a strong history of performance.
- Empowering Information Systems Manager is building a cohesive team.
- Direct hire role with career stability and an opportunity for advancement--- they have Fortune 100 clients as well as government contracts
This innovative company has evolved, through its 70+ year history, to become a well-known provider of integrated automation systems and services. I spoke with their Information Systems Manager who is committed to employee empowerment and is building a cohesive cooperative team such that team members will be available to cover your work during your PTO. This employer offers career stability due to having a diverse customer base including a variety of Fortune 100 companies as well as various government agencies such as the DOD. (I will tell you more when we talk!)
This is a direct hire role offering: Future career advancement; this is NOT another short-term contract assignment. Theyll include the expected variety of employee benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; Paid time off; 401K Retirement Plan; Paid maternity leave; Tuition reimbursement
Location: Fairfax County VA near the Tysons Corner area
Some Remote work: Work 75% from your home office (if you chose) with some mandatory days spent at the HQ
As an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) you will be a key member of the team responsible to ensure that information systems are kept secure. You will report to the Information Systems Manager and partner with the various system owners. You will be part of the team that identifies vulnerabilities and works to mitigate risk while continually adding to the companys information security knowledge base. Work includes:
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments and review system scans (vulnerability / Data Loss Prevention) & audit logs
- Track resolutions of identified vulnerabilities
- Create and update policies / procedures and implement system security initiatives (POA&M)
- Coordinate annual employee training related to the Incident Response Plan
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation of security controls
- Stay up to date on industry trends
- Document lessons learned
As a team player, you will also provide peer reviews on information security documentation such as white papers, policies, and procedures. QUALIFICATIONS
We are searching for a degreed Cyber Security Professional with experience in identifying vulnerabilities, assessing risk, and writing/administering programs to mitigate the risk. (Past titles vary from company to company.)
- 4-year degree in Information Systems or related technical degree with a high level of computer science classes. (This manger will pass on individuals who have not completed a computer related curriculum).
- Certifications are a plus - Security+, CISSP, CySA+ however not a substitute for technical degree.
- 6+ years of experience with information systems security (ISS). [The CEO has updated the salary plan to support this level of experience]
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (to include a good understanding of NIST SP 800-53r4, 800-171). A plus would be working knowledge of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Familiarity with Tenable Nessus is required.
- These tools also helpful: Vulnerability scanners ( Tenable.SC, Micro Focus Fortify WebInspect, Burp Suite); SIEM Tools (LogRhythm, Splunk); DLP Tools (Forecepoint); Assessment and Authorization Management Tools (eMASS, MCCAST)
- A work history that includes Systems administration with STIGing/hardening devices using DISA or vendor security guidance (Windows preferably)
- Excellent communication skills are required in both written and spoken English as this position works cross-department to ensure compliance and risk mitigation.
- Must be a US Citizen (due to some of their clients with government-contract security requirements)
NOTE: Applicants must be local to (northern) Fairfax County VA which includes parts of Maryland. - this client does not offer relocation assistance and there is a 25% on-site work requirement. Please be sure that your zip code is included on your resume.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: