Job #: 38856
Title: Hemodialysis Technician
Job Location: Upper Sandusky, Ohio - United States
Salary: $16.00 - $19.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join us and be a part of our Team! JOB DESCRIPTION
Hemodialysis technicians, also known as dialysis technicians, work together with a doctor or nurse to provide patient care to people with permanent kidney failure (end-stage renal disease).
Their primary duties include monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment, ensuring usage of the machine is safe and secure and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required.
Other duties include:
- Assembling supplies and preparing machinery
- Testing monitors and machine functions
- Taking patient vital signs before and after treatment
- Measuring, calculating and adjusting blood flow and fluid removal rates
- Monitoring patients and equipment, responding to alarms, and adjusting treatment
- Responding appropriately to dialysis-related emergencies
- Disinfecting dialysis supplies and sanitizing equipment
- Communicating emotional, medical, psychosocial, and nutritional concerns to the registered nurse and working with them to ensure patient needs are met
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: