Job #: 38759
Title: Commercial Manager (KH-9135)
Job Location: Ottawa, Illinois - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent Benefits Package
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commercial Manager position - Illinois
$90,000 - $115,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
A dairy located in Illinois are searching for a Commercial Manager. The Commercial Manager will identify areas of commercial opportunity where the company can be expanded and developed. This position will be responsible for overseeing and performing the sales and marketing functions for the Company. This includes developing new business opportunities, generating quotes for potential customers, and managing supply agreements and contracts with customers. The Commercial Manager will also manage relationships with clients and contractors. QUALIFICATIONS
- Identify new target markets and proactively generate leads based on knowledge of the companys strategic objectives and regional market opportunity
- Plans and oversees the sales and marketing of all manufactured compost and organics material; develops short-term and long-range sales forecasts and marketing plans; makes marketing budget recommendations; recommends additional sources of revenue; coordinates with the finance department to establish all required documentation, ensure sound internal controls and establish appropriate reporting processes.
- Performs account management duties with customers including product education, developing quotes, taking orders, delivery/transportation logistics, contract negotiations/terms, invoicing, payment processing and collections activity; reviews lab reports to verify products meet customer specifications.
- Performs business development activities including identifying potential customers; attends trade shows and conferences; presents at conferences and seminars and to other stakeholders as directed.
- Plans and implements Company`s advertising and promotional activities, including the design, layout and production of promotional materials; analyzes and evaluates the adopted marketing strategy and recommends modifications to ensure market share growth and maximize product sales.
- Develop a farm to fork vision that includes partnering with local retailers to convert dairy into retail products (yogurt, ice cream, specialty cheeses)
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, national and international experts in the field of composting science
- Generate ideas for new campaigns to help grow pipeline
- Understand and effectively communicate the mission of the Employer
- Bachelor`s degree in business administration, business management, horticulture, science or liberal arts
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of dairy farming and composting (feed stocks, milk production, and formulating compost mixes)
- Bovine Genetics: Ability to speak the language that is common in the industry; Understand the link between genetics and dairy production
- Composting: Understand or have the ability to learn the composting process and the chemical composition of the product at a high level; ability to build relationships and sell the product from a standard spec. sheet. Ability to sell on consistency of product, delivery capability, etc.
- Dairy operations in milk: Needs a general understanding of dairy farm operations; sale process boils down to a spec. sheet on the product along with service level capabilities around volume, delivery, safety of product, etc.
- Strong communication, business management, interpersonal and sales skills
- Ability to work as a team, multi-task and work effectively in a time-sensitive environment; willing to work with others across the company to introduce new initiatives in support of MORs growth targets.
- Proficiency with basic computer software.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: