Job #: 38089
Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company, in business over 50 years. They manufacturing seating, sensors, and restraints for trucks, buses, emergency vehicles, off road, etc. They are leaders in their niche. JOB DESCRIPTION
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Design electronic systems, products, software and components for on & off-highway, military, child and commercial product prototyping and subsequent serial production.
- Analyze customer needs to determine the costs, capacity, and requirements for creating an electrical system plan.
- Inspect electronic systems, instruments, and equipment to ensure they meet applicable regulations and safety standards.
- Help select vendors for electrical components and production.
- Work within APQP process to inures proper process and documentation.
- Provides guidance to designers/supporting engineers for designs, drawings, requisitions, etc. to meet regulatory, process, mechanical and project requirements.
- Work collaboratively to execute projects with various internal competencies i.e. Testing, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance.
- Support Customers with technical information and initiatives. This can include developing and/or creating: Troubleshooting, diagnostics, CAD models, prototypes and technical reports/presentations.
- Engage with suppliers and outside contractors to accomplish key outsourcing activities like part sourcing or contract design.
- Develop and execute validation testing to qualify designs through the product development process.
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize work.
- Gain peer and management product insight through informal and formal design reviews.
- Utilize design tools available to maximize development time while ensuring optimal product design.
Fully supports company programs, policies, and objectives QUALIFICATIONS
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Mindset for innovation / inventiveness.
- 4 years of product design experience with successful product release history
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Programming experience with ability to assimilate new languages easily.
- IC circuit design
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter: a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: