Job #: 38078
Title: Clinical Health Manager - RN - Home Health Care
Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
The Home Health Clinical Manager has general management responsibility for services provided by the Home Health program, with direct supervisory responsibility for the program`s Clinical staff and Team Assistant(s). This position serves as a pivotal point in communication with field staff, support staff, referral sources and other managers/departments to ensure extraordinary service delivery. This position reviews, plans and evaluates the care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and evidence-based standards of professional clinical practice. This position provides orientation, training and support for both newly hired and existing clinicians. This position serves as a mentor for case management and participates in the assessment and planning of appropriate care.
Company is a Medicare certified Home Health agency accredited by the Joint Commission. We serve seniors who want to continue to live independently and safely at home for as long as possible. Every service we offer is a response to the needs and goals of our clients and their families, and our efforts as a company are inspired by the desire to explore possibilities for meeting those needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes evidence-based practice in the field and implement standards of practice that guide practice improvement initiatives.
- Maintains a consistent focus on Key Performance Behaviors (KPB) to drive favorable clinical and financial outcomes:
- Provide clear expectations of best practice performance
- Give staff the tools/education and support to meet the best practice
- Direct supervision and measure adherence of best practice
- Create accountability related to this practice while support the learning needs of staff.
- Assist in the hiring of Home Health staff. Monitor staffing ratios ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing for services. Allocate resources appropriately to ensure efficient service delivery during all hours of operation. Ensure monthly posting of staff schedule according to agency protocols and collective bargaining agreement.
- Coach, mentor, and train/develop staff, oversee new employee on-boarding and orientation, performance management, evaluation and disciplinary action if needed.
- Facilitate patient and employee scheduling/assignment in collaboration with Team Assistant(s) to ensure timely initiation of care.
- Assist with performing patient visits when the need arises to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Provide direct supervision (approximately 50% direct observation in field, 50% office) of field performance to competence in KPBs, technical assistance and support of Home Health staff.
- Serves on the QAPI Committee. Provide necessary follow-up/training with staff to meet Key Performance Behaviors (KPB). Implement care delivery best practices into the field consistent with outcomes of QAPI initiatives. Monitor care delivery in the field for competence and compliance.
- Promotes safe work practices and work environments to protect the safety and wellbeing of employees and patients.
- Represents the Home Health program in the community and the industry.
- In the absence of the Director of Clinical Services, oversees all home health clinical operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years of experience in Homecare
- Experience with Medicare
- Current Minnesota RN license
- Bachelor`s degree or better directly related to licensure
- One year of supervisory experience is required.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills required. Certification preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: