Job #: 38118
Title: Cyber Security Research Scientist
Job Location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tremendous variety of the latest technology, You`ll get a clearance. The organization has a very prestigeous history. JOB DESCRIPTION
Cyber Security Research Scientist - Job Order 3131
Basking Ridge, NJ or Silver Spring, MD
US citizenship required
Compensation: Junior to Senior DOE
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD`s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
You will be part of a dynamic team focused on research and development on solving cutting-edge problems in cybersecurity applied to wired as well as wireless networks. Given the increasing complexity of the cyber environment, new solutions are needed to reduce the burden on human cyber defenders, and to increase the level of automation in cyber defense. Innovative solutions are required to increase the level of automation in detecting cyber threats and in responding to these threats, leveraging AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) technologies. You will work with other team members to design, implement and test solutions to these problems. The work entails using problem-solving skills to design and prototype innovative solutions to prove out technical concepts that address customer cybersecurity requirements. You will also participate in preparing presentations and demonstrations for technical information exchanges with the end customer, writing and presenting research papers, and writing proposals. QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field (graduate degree strongly preferred).
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity, networking, data communications, networking protocols and networking fundamentals in Linux. Experience in working with the MITRE ATT&CK framework is desired.
- Experience in developing cyber sensors based on AI/ML techniques is highly desired. Strong understanding of AI/ML techniques is a plus.
- Experience in applying reinforcement learning for autonomy is a plus.
- Strong systems skills (Linux, Windows) are required.
- Strong software development experience with C/C++, Python, Java is required.
- User and developer experience with M&S environments is highly desired, including network simulation (e.g., ns-3, QualNet, EMANE, OPNET).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Evidence of ability to publish research results is strongly desired.
- Past experience in writing proposals for research agencies such as DARPA is highly desired. Experience as PI on DARPA projects is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- US citizenship required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: