Job #: 36316
Title: iSeries DB2 Development DBA (Remote)
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 5% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our firm is engaged on multiple new roles for our long-term, national client headquartered in Tampa Bay, Florida They are a leader in their industry and have multiple business lines in the Healthcare and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) space. In 2021, they are investing significant efforts in TRANSFORMATION of their technology/applications, business processes and organization overall. We are seeking top talent in development, systems and operations for them across technology. JOB DESCRIPTION
PLEASE READ: This is a dedicated DBA role. The client has a large installation and is seeking candidates who have had the title of DB2 DBA in an AS400/iSeries environment. Developers with DB2 experience will not be considered.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and configuring IBMi/AS400 DB2 database systems to meet business needs and requests. The role is a mix of development and production DBA responsibilities. You are responsible for administration, capacity planning, engineering/design, performance monitoring, and optimization for the DB2 for the IBMi/iSeries database platform.
You will be joining a $2.5B rapidly growing healthcare company employing 14,000 people and operating in 48 states. You will act as the SME on IBMi DB2 databases.
U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates, or transfer a visa or provide sponsorship.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the design and implementation of new database environments and redesigns of existing systems to fulfill business needs
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of IBMi databases
- Troubleshoots database performance issues
- Manages database objects Libraries, views, tables, stored procedures, and triggers
- Supports developers and testing teams by maintaining test environments and configuring databases to development specifications
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Ensure DB changes adhere to best practices
- Reviews all proposed database changes proposed by the IBMi development team
- Creates technical support documentation for databases
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on IBMI database structure and environment
- Will be asked to split some time as DBA and Developer (65% DB2 DBA - 35% Application Developer (RPG)
- Diagnose application problems, including reviewing embedded SQL within RPG code.
- There is an in-house code generating tool that is used to build some of our boilerplate database-level objects. This is written in RPG and is currently maintained by the DBA.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IBMi/iSeries/AS400 experience
- 7+ years of experience supporting DB2 for databases in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working with enterprise applications
- Demonstrable experience with key relational database concepts such as database normalization, referential integrity, index strategy, and transaction isolation.
- Expert knowledge of the DB2 for I SQL language.
- Advanced knowledge of trigger concepts, methodologies, and implementation.
- In-depth experience diagnosing and remediating DB2 for database performance issues using tools such as Plan Cache, Visual Explain, Index Advisor, Detailed Database Monitor, or similar tools.
- Expert knowledge of modern RPG programming languages including ILE/Free
- Experience diagnosing application problems, including reviewing embedded SQL with RPG code
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Preference is given to candidates with hands-on experience using system performance tools such as Job Watcher, Collection Services, PEX Analyzer, or similar tools.
- Experience using Turnover, Aldon, or similar change management tools
How to Apply: