Job #: 38525
Title: Principle Project Engineer
Job Location: Morgantown, West Virginia - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 15% Bonus Opportunity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES: This is a 100+ year old company with plants globally and over 3000 employees. There are 4 jobs at 4 of their plants. The positions are practically identical the difference being the size of their plants in those sites. Columbia has about 400, Freeport 200+, Newport about 50 people and Morgantown about 100 people. Will work on Process Related Projects. Projects can range from $500k to multi million is size. There are major expansions on the books and they are spending money and making money.
Below is clients description.
General Description: The Lead Project Engineer is responsible for designing and specifying existing and new product/plant/process projects including technical calculations, flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and equipment specifications in accordance with company standards and legal requirements. Also responsible for implementation and maintenance of the SIG EHS and Quality Systems. The Lead Project Engineer is an experienced Engineer who implements designs and projects independently with little oversight. This role requires delivery of value over an extended period of time, and the individual is recognized by peers for a high level of knowledge and contribution.
- It is required of the Process/Project Engineer to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and Engineering Standards. Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
- To participate, as required, in safety audits/inspections, event investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies, Six Sigma teams, project management teams, and project briefings.
- Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
- To maintain, develop, and apply standards that ensure compliance with legislation, Responsible Care, and in fulfillment with the Shareholders expectations.
- Fulfill TSCA responsibilities as defined in the document titled TSCA Compliance Management System Manual 2- TCMS Standard Operation Procedures by Job Title.
- Lead significant engineering projects.
- Conceptual scope definitions, risk assessments, design and economic evaluation of processes or facility modifications
- Work with plant stakeholders to develop project scopes while including the appropriate engineering standards pertinent to the projects.
- Direct all aspects of project execution to ensure effective, timely and lowest overall cost of capital projects
- Coordinate both in-house resources and external contractors to achieve project objectives
- Provide all required project cost tracking and forecasting to realistically reflect outcomes for assigned projects
- Maintain the risk profile on the project to acceptable levels, as defined by the project stakeholders and executive leadership expectations.
- Work with external engineering companies to complete the project engineering design and plant installation.
- Responsible for project installation, commissioning and process trouble-shooting.
- Provide oversight and management of contractors during project construction activities.
- Maintain relationships with equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Conceptual design and economic evaluation of processes or modifications to aid the smooth transition of projects conceptual design to plant operations, by identifying plant/process requirements, progressing and commissioning of plant/process modifications.
- Development of equipment performance specifications.
- Providing heat and material balances for processes or process modifications, as needed.
- Detailed engineering review of Process Manual and participate in various engineering aspects of capital projects.
- In coordination with other specialist engineers and managers in the U.S. and other sites - aid in the design, implementation, and improvement of new and existing projects and processes.
- Stay current in the usage of job-related tools such as Excel, Aspen, PI, Autocad, etc.
- To participate in training courses and/or in-house training in support of the role and to keep abreast of developments in chemical engineering by attending specialist meetings and exhibitions and by reviewing technical literature.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Chem. Eng. from ABET accredited program minimum. Graduate level engineering or business education is beneficial.
- 5-15 years of experience typical
Specific Functional Competency Requirements
- Experienced technical professional with exceptional organizational skills and written/oral capabilities.
- Effective leader capable of managing multiple projects/teams.
- Ability to work with little oversight with a high level of motivation.
- Serves as a mentor to others and proactively shares and contributes knowledge base.
Experience: BS Chemical Engineer from a good school ABET accredited with a MS in Engineering or MBA a plus. This person should have 10-25 years of experience from an operating company with a laundry list of successfully completed capital projects. This person should have experience from the Chemical Process, PetroChemical, Oil and Gas or related where unit operations are applied. Six Sigma and PSM are highly desired.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: