Job #: 38617
Title: Lead Buyer (Chemical Industry)
Job Location: Dubuque, Iowa - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
. JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: NE Iowa
Wage: $75k - $85k+ / year
A local growing Dubuque greater area manufacturer is seeking a Lead Buyer who is skilled in establishing and maintaining supplier and vendor relationships and will lead procurement of all equipment and materials on site. This position will be responsible for direct purchases, equipment rentals, chemicals, and spare parts for the operations. You will also monitor quality improvement with vendors/suppliers and serve as liaison between vendors and Engineering department on new projects. Maintaining positive relationship with key suppliers is a must.
What you get to do:
- Process and review requisitions of operations material and warehouse restocking
- Support maintenance, repair, operations and spot buys through discrete orders, as needed.
- Solicit pricing, negotiate purchase price, place purchase order and expedite delivery of assigned categories of parts and/or services.
- Execute material planning activities for specified purchased components/materials. Manage optimal material inventory levels to meet customer demand while achieving company inventory targets with minimal shortages.
- Coordinates with quality personnel, business units, and suppliers to resolve issues with defective or unacceptable goods and services or other supplier related matters in a timely manner.
- Work closely with accounting personnel to ensure accurate cost recording. Perform requested invoice reviews to facilitate accurate and timely vendor payments.
- Maintain an assertive follow-up system to ensure schedule compliance. Ensure timely responses to vendor inquiries.
- Generate and maintain current and accurate procurement records and documentation to facilitate future purchasing decisions.
- Maintain market awareness that can impact changes in prices, trends in supply and demand to make sound supply decisions and report information to purchasing management.
- Develop supplier relations to become aware of supplier capacity and future capabilities.
- Handle material requisitions with logistic requirements per the requestor`s requirements
- Defines Request for Quotes (RFQ) packages and issued purchase orders (PO)
What we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in degree in Supply Chain/Purchasing/Logistics, Business Accounting or Technical Fields is preferred
- 5 plus years of Procurement, Logistics and Inventory experience
- Proven working knowledge of procurement systems, purchasing policies/procedures, and purchasing law is required
- Solid working knowledge of ERP systems and advanced Excel and MS Office suites experience
- Must have abilities in negotiation, team building, innovation, and change management
- Must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, sharp analytical skills, and robust problem-solving skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: