Job #: 37823
Title: SVP Product Development Manager, Remote USA, Los Angeles preferred
Job Location: Los Angeles, California - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% - 15% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a top international payment brand with 150mm credit cards issued worldwide. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is an International Payment Card Brand.
This position is responsible for:
1) the technical development of the brand`s merchant acceptance related products/solutions and its implementation in the U.S. to ensure brand is enabled and brand cardmembers have a seamless U.S. acceptance experience, and
2) the participation, contribution and management of brands emerging technology development with payment-related organizations such as EMVCo and PCI SSC to ensure brand`s chip and digital strategy is achieved.
This position will report to the company`s international office for direction however, there will be a strong dotted line to company`s U.S. management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
MANAGEMENT PLANNING ACTIVITIES:
- Manages internal and external relations with related parties such as Discover/ACQs, payment processors, hardware and software vendors to identify and forecast key effective payment products/solutions to guide management decision.
- Manages development, test, certification and implementation to ensure product availability, to assist business development in cost effective method.
- Provide technical and infrastructure support to other business units to assist.
- Manages business, budget and technical direction including semi annual objectives for a team of 4-6 payments professionals.
- Provides technical support to headquarters regarding technology standards hardware, software, processes and programs.
- Represents brand`s interest in EMVCo and PCI SSC activities and deliver timely updates to international headquarters.
- Oversees various activities of EMVCo and PCI SSC, as well as directly participating and contributing to working groups as per assigned.
- Conducts technical, business and management discussions with other payment systems, EMVCo/PCI SSC staff, laboratories, and vendors, etc. in order to support the development of brand`s technology related strategy.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in the area of specifications, testing and certification, security evaluation, product deployment and/or other areas that require technical expertise.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of functional and security aspects of digital online commerce, including but not limited to Payment Tokenization, Secure Remote Commerce and 3-D Secure Authentication.
- Position will be approximately 60% technical- and 40% business-oriented.
- General knowledge of EMV contactless, NFC payments, open loop transit required.
- Possess good knowledge and skills in the area of business communication including negotiation, and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to direct and manage a team of 4-6 payments professionals to ensure agreed upon objectives are achieved
REQUIRED JOB DIMENSIONS:
- Analysis - Critical examination of facts or data to develop a hypothesis, theory or conclusion.
- College Writing - Possession of and capability in college level writing skills.
- Confidentiality - The ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Delegation - The ability to divide work and dispatch it to others for successful completion.
- Diplomacy - Ability to successfully negotiate while exercising tact in dealing with internal and external personnel, customers and others, especially while under pressure.
- Initiative/Follow-Through - The ability to begin and follow through energetically with a plan or task on a consistent basis.
- Judgment - Developing and recommending courses of action and making sound and mature business decisions based on factual information, logic, experience and intuition.
- Leadership - The ability to provide organization leadership and operations planning, tactics, inspiration, and vision to move business or projects forward.
- Monitoring - The ability to scrutinize or systematically check work activities and direct changes.
- Personnel Development & Management - Skills and abilities at managing, directing, evaluating and developing employees.
- Planning & Organizing - Establishing a course of action for ones self or for others to accomplish or attain a specific goal.
- Presentation - Effective expression of information, ideas, and concepts formally to groups of people.
- Product Knowledge - The understanding of the companys products and/or services.
- Project Management - Successful planning and execution of complex projects including establishment of schedules and budgets, human, and capital resources.
- Research - Identification, understanding, and utilization of data for analysis and study.
- Research & Information Gathering - The ability to research and find information for analysis and study.
- Simple Mathematics - Ability to use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for common applications such as measuring, recording, and converting data.
- Task Supervision and Directing - Providing clear definition of delegated work including scheduling, monitoring and reviewing activities.
- Working and Cooperating with Others - Working effectively with others for a common objective.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: