Job #: 37919
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Possible Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization with unlimited growth potential working with quite literally some the best personalities and talent around! JOB DESCRIPTION
The Event Management Systems Engineer is responsible for providing initial design, implementation, optimization, administration and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems with minimal supervision.
He/she will be responsible for the overall applications dataflow, stability, performance, and health for our Clients operational applications systems and environments including future new systems.
This includes installation/configuration, operation, monitoring and maintenance of systems and ensuring continual operation, stability, performance, application health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Provides oversight for the development and implementation of procedures that ensure systems support the Client`s business requirements, meet compliance/security requirements and meet the needs of end users.
In addition s/he must manage the documentation associated with above mentioned systems and that accurate run books are maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Structure, plan, organize, develop, implement and manage all enterprise event management activities including server, database application and facilities event management. Establish work plans in conjunction with Business and IT Delivery leadership.
2. Identify trends, implement new solutions/processes that resolve customer issues and continually strive toward moving from a reactive state to a proactive state.
3. Ensure the team meets all compliance related tasks and further focuses on automating repeated tasks.
4. Swiftly resolve issues that affect the availability of production systems.
5. Create and maintain run books for all IT procedures.
6. Assist in developing and maintaining IT Governance processes, knowledge management repository and recommend automation tasks to eliminate manual processes.
7. Ensures the successful completion of automated tasks and jobs, timely execution of manual tasks, and subsequent automation of manual tasks to facilitate daily operations.
8. Accountable for meeting SLAs by removing obstacles, delivering on services and providing broad, technical and service quality leadership.
9. Develop and maintain training requirements with personnel, and assess staff performance in event management activities.
10. Encourages and promotes the concept of exceptional customer service.
11. Strong emphasis on the need to provide continuous and improving customer service and support.
12. Attends weekly team meetings and provides a status report each week.
13. Performs other duties as required. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Technical School Certificate in Information Technology or relevant field.
2. Three (3) years experience in a Technical environment.
3. Demonstrated experience with configuration and monitoring Systems entities such as storage, databases, virtual environments, peripheral infrastructure.
4. Experienced in administering an Exchange email environment locally hosted and cloud based to include flow, filtering, archiving, and administering legal holds.
5. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
6. Proficiency in workings of Windows OS, including AD including GPO, DNS, IIS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, and Windows System Architecture Management, NTFS and Share Permissions.
7. Experienced with RPA (Robotic Process Automation) especially Opcon.
8. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of internal and external customers.
9. Experienced with WSFTP (Winsock File Transfer Protocol).
10. Outstanding customer service skills; The ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company) with a positive, helpful attitude.
11. Must be able to multitask and manage a large and varied workload in a sometimes high pressure environment.
12. Ability to work well under pressure.
13. Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics.
14. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
15. Must demonstrate an understanding of performance metrics and KPI methodologies.
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar Technology field.
2. Five (5) years experience in a Technical environment.
3. Technology Certifications in any of the systems listed above.
4. Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of modern technologies including cloud based technologies with Microsoft Azure Cloud experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of Fiserv, Citrix, LAN, WAN, VoIP, VMWare, Webex Teams, Webex UCM.
6. Experience working in highly regulated environment such as banking, finance etc.
How to Apply: