Job #: 37981
Title: Sales Engineer
Job Location: Lafayette, Louisiana - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a start up company on year 4. They are making strong inroads against the big players in the systems integration sector. This group of amazing engineers are taking those <$1m engineering jobs and running with them! This person will be in a prime position to lead the entire sales organization in 2-3 years. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Sales Engineer will play an important role in developing new clients and promoting the companys products and services throughout the assigned sales territory. This position exists to support the tactical and strategic sales activities in delivering Annual Operating Plan (AOP), including sales targets.
- Sell automation and technical services and systems in Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper, Energy and Metals & Mining applications.
- Assist management in developing sales strategies and tactics.
- Suggest and present technical solutions and/or alternatives to customer challenges and prepare quotations and appropriate documentation.
- Where required, lead exhibitions, meetings, and presentations to improve product acceptance and penetration.
- Work in strategic markets to penetrate new accounts and develop a pipeline of new sales.
- Promote and support new products and services.
- Support client and Channel Partner estimating functions including specifications, BOM, estimating and pricing strategy.
- Help close the deal. Partner with the other departments to capitalize on business opportunities with integrated solutions.
- Monitor local market and customer trends, as well as industry developments
- Participate in industry associations, functions, trade shows, and conferences.
- Understand industry and assigned customer market drivers.
- Participate in User Group channel partner business council/meetings. Take the initiative to work with Channel Partner Account Managers to support existing accounts including training, applications support, and service.
- Be a consultant by understanding applications and requisite instrument technologies. Interact with key Business, Sales, and Marketing Leaders to balance business and sales needs.
Financial & Reporting
- Provide reliable, real-time, monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasts
- Assume responsibility for assigned territory/channel revenue, margin, and cash targets.
- On a monthly basis, support order forecasts and opportunity status and provide revenue/margin forecasts to meet demand and supply side processes.
- Provide pre-sale and post-sale product customer reviews.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining end user relationships in all markets serviced.
- Understanding of I&E including instrumentation installation drawings, data sheets and specifications
BS degree in Business, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering
3-5 years of experience in automation and controls sales.
Knowledgeable in project costing and bidding.
Solid P & L experience.
Strong computer skills to include Power Point or presentation software.
Sales management software.
Industry systems experience to include: SCADA, MES, PLCs, PMC, PAC, DCS, RTU, ETC.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: