Job #: 37060
Title: Operations Manager (KH-9021)
Job Location: Cobleskill, New York - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 401K + Dental + Health + Health Savings Account + Holiday Pay + Life Insurance + NYS disability and paid Family Leave + Paid Time Off
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Operations Manager position - New York
$80,000 - $90,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
A large dairy operation located in New York who is searching for a Dairy Operations Manager to oversee day to day activities. This position would be expected to work closely with managers to provide them with support and coaching to ensure the success of the dairy operations. Must be known by others to be a strong leader who takes full responsibility for a large herds milk production, health, and behavior. Working in conjunction with the managers to analyze, identify, and develop solutions to needed operational improvements to ensure top-notch animal care, productivity, and cost effectiveness. This includes suggesting the implementation of new technology and practices to advance the dairys performance. QUALIFICATIONS
This position will also be responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with Veterinarians, Nutritionists and other consultants/vendors. The Dairy Operations Manager will work in conjunction with the Senior Management team on continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall performance of employees and the business.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelors Degree in Dairy or Animal Science or related field desired.
- At least 10 years of experience on a large commercial dairy farm.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably on a large dairy farm
- High School Degree or GED required
- Valid drivers license required.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Office, Dairy Comp, Feed Watch or other ag-related software.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work 60+ hours per week weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual or dairy Spanish a real plus
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Direct knowledge of: herd health, parlor operations, farm equipment and farming practices
- Demonstrated ability to: lead, have open and honest communications, motivate, be a team player, make good decisions under pressure and remain professional under stressful situations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: