Job #: 31964
Title: MES Engineer - Tier I Automotive - Night Shift
Job Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
We`re in the process of filling a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineering position for a large Tier I Automotive supplier that has a plant located in the Cottondale, AL area. This company has over 20,000 employees world wide and has great benefits and growth opportunity.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of our client as described below:
General Job Duties:
- Manage and lead the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) at our client.
- Provide aggressive leadership and project management that provides timely direction, guidance, interface between our client and MES solution supplier, and become the project "Champion". This will include following corporate standards to ensure maximum implementation success at the factory to meet automation and business requirements.
- MES engineering is a cross-functional discipline that requires proportional knowledge in hardware and software development and their applications. Background in IT, MES, PLC`s.
Specific Job Duties:
Work with the IT Manager to define and discuss the MES user requirements with key representatives from quality, operations, manufacturing, engineering, materials and supply chain.
Organize and coordinate MES Interface sessions with all automation suppliers. Organization and lead of the integration MES test interfaces (ERP and PLC`s).
- Organize the training of the factory super users coordinate efforts with the MES supplier to deliver documentation.
- Manage MES system integrations in terms of scope, cost, quality and timing.
- Troubleshooting on day to day basis and support after hours if needed.
Coordinate design efforts related to new system projects and support the implementation and ongoing use of these applications.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of all MES applications implemented on shop floor.
- Work with the solution supplier to design and deploy a robust network and system architecture that will facilitate growth of new applications being developed and deployed.
Writing DB documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Capacity planning for new systems in conjunction with existing systems.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications to fit business needs.
- On call support including weekends.
Required: 5+ years of experience with Associate`s or bachelor`s degree that relates to IT or factory Automation
Preferred: Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Preferred: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Three Years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered
Advanced Skillset Required:
Good knowledge of MES and Automation in manufacturing industry
Excellent understanding of Database systems
Manufacturing experience, high paced environment
Excellent Project Management Skills
Knowledge of Office, MS Project, MS planner
Competency with Allen Bradley PLC`s, Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions.
Microsoft SQL Server knowledge (queries, database related tasks, understanding of SQL reporting)
Experience with TCP/IP networks, bar code printers and scanners, RF data collection devices.
Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
This position will be required to travel to other facilities, customer Sites or training locations as well as on-site training as needed.
This position requires the use of eye protection and any PPE specific to the task being performed.
Must be able to stand on feet and/or sit 8-12 hours a day and lift up to 401bs on an occasional basis and 15 lbs on a regular basis. Must be able to perform overhead work as well as work below the waist.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: