Job #: 37869
Title: Lead Project Engineer
Job Location: Morgantown, West Virginia - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% Bonus Opportunity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
100+ year old global chemical company. They are doing very well and spending a lot of money in their plants. Accomplishment is rewarded. JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES: This Engineer will work at their 100 person plant which produces Chemical Intermediates. This person will do mostly process related projects and work on project teams for large capital projects and expansions. Will lead high profile and significant projects. Will oversee and manage contractors and other vendors. Will also have process responsibilities doing review of detail design and process package manuals.
General Description: The Lead Project Engineer is responsible for designing and specifying existing and new product/plant/process projects including technical calculations, flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and equipment specifications in accordance with company standards and legal requirements. Also responsible for compliance with and adherence to SIG EHS and Quality Systems. The Lead Project Engineer is an experienced Engineer who implements designs and projects independently with little oversight. This role requires delivery of value over an extended period of time, and the individual is recognized by peers for a high level of knowledge and contribution.
- It is required of the Lead Project Engineer to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and Engineering Standards. Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies.
- Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
- To participate, as required, in safety audits/inspections, event investigations, Six Sigma teams, project management teams, and project briefings.
- Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
- To maintain, develop, and apply standards that ensure compliance with legislation, Responsible Care, and in fulfillment with the Shareholders expectations.
- Fulfill TSCA responsibilities as defined in the document titled TSCA Compliance Management System Manual 2- TCMS Standard Operation Procedures by Job Title.
- Lead significant engineering projects.
- Conceptual scope definitions, risk assessments, design and economic evaluation of processes or facility modifications.
- Work with plant stakeholders to develop project scopes while including the appropriate engineering standards pertinent to the projects.
- Direct all aspects of project execution to ensure effective, timely and lowest overall cost of capital projects.
- Coordinate both in-house resources and external contractors to achieve project objectives.
- Provide all required project cost tracking and forecasting to realistically reflect outcomes for assigned projects.
- Maintain the risk profile on the project to acceptable levels, as defined by the project stakeholders and executive leadership expectations.
- Work with external engineering companies to complete the project engineering design and plant installation.
- Responsible for project installation, commissioning and process trouble-shooting.
- Provide oversight and management of contractors during project construction activities.
- Maintain relationships with equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Conceptual design and economic evaluation of processes or modifications to aid in the smooth transition of projects from conceptual design to plant operations,
- by identifying plant/process requirements.
- Development of equipment design criteria and performance specifications.
- Providing heat and material balances for processes or process modifications, as needed.
- Perform detailed engineering review of Process Manual.
- Stay current in the usage of job-related tools such as Excel, Aspen, PI, Autocad, etc.
- To participate in training courses and/or in-house training in support of the role and to keep abreast of developments in engineering & construction techniques by attending specialist meetings and exhibitions and by reviewing technical literature.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Chem. or Mech. Engineering from ABET accredited program minimum.
- Graduate level engineering or business education is beneficial.
- 10-20 years of experience preferred
- Well organized, able to lead multiple projects/teams
- Skilled at working in matrix environment, able to partner with other organizational leaders
- Effective leading/working in a multicultural environment
- Able to see and communicate the big picture, while driving teams to define and execute the details
- Able to work independently with high level of motivation
- Competent to evaluate and coordinate multi-discipline projects from conception through commissioning
EXPERIENCE: BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from a good school with 10-20 years of experience from the Chemical Process, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical Industries where unit operations are applied. Looking for someone can show a list of completed design through installation of capital projects , ideally multi million dollar in size. Must be able to juggle multiple projects at once. Should have a strong EH&S background keeping and completing their projects in safe manner and keeping compliant with Safety issues. Six Sigma is a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: