Job #: 35653
Title: Director of Nursing / RN - Home Health Care
Job Location: , Minnesota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
This Director of Nursing / Registered Nurse (RN) position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We are also offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus. Full-time benefits include medical, health savings account (HSA), and paid time off (PTO). Plus, we offer employee referral bonuses and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
We would ideally like someone who has some business background instead of only clinical experience. Someone who has an understanding of KPIs and just overall business administrative experience too. The Medicare and OASIS experience is also a great asset.
Firm provides home health services to seniors who want to continue to live independently and safely at home for as long as possible. Our services allow our clients to stay active in the community and participate in social events. We also provide respite care and hospice support. Every service we offer is a response to the needs and goals of our clients and their families, and our efforts as a company are inspired by the desire to explore possibilities for meeting those needs.
We know our team is essential to our success. In addition to our high-quality training programs and continuous support within our agency, we offer competitive pay and a true team-based approach to our network of clinicians and caregivers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES / REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
As our Director of Nursing / Registered Nurse (RN), you collaborate with Client Services to ensure high-quality services for our clients by monitoring care and serving as a clinical resource for field staff. You are responsible for the supervision and coordination of skilled services provided by our interdisciplinary team. You provide leadership and hands-on support for our clinical staff through performance evaluations and guidance around training opportunities. You are overseeing the development and creation of Plans of Care and Medication Management Plans, including goals and interventions, to assure compliance with the Joint Commission and CMS standards.
In this role, you also get to participate in creating cutting-edge programs and services that make aging in place possible. You oversee various safety and health programs such as our falls prevention program. Conscientiously, you monitor infection control standards, medication errors, client cancellations, transfers, and discharges. You collaborate with Client Services and Care Operations to improve processes and policies for the administration and delivery of skilled care. As requested, you provide weekly and monthly reports to leadership. Thanks to your effective planning, your daily quality assurance measures, and the excellent leadership you provide to the care staff, our program continues to achieve excellent care outcomes. You feel great about making a positive impact in the lives of our home care clients.
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000 *eligibility requirements
- PTO benefit
- Medical Benefit
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
Primary Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Client Services to assure safe, high quality care and services are delivered to clients.
- Collaborate with Director of Client Services and HR for hiring skilled care staff.
- Coordinate training and orientation and for employees, collaborating with appropriate office staff for onboarding and team integration.
- Collaborate with Training and Development Specialist to coordinate hands-on skills training for caregivers.
- Oversee Falls Risk Program by monitoring reports of falls and fall risk and implementing Falls Prevention Program.
- Oversee implementation of other clinical client services and programs as developed by the firm.
- Collaborate with Care Operations to assure that staff are meeting defined infection control standards and goals.
- Monitor and track weekly client cancellations and missed clinician visits for skilled care and services.
- Monitor and track hospitalizations and client or clinician medication errors.
- Coordinate and monitor the transfer and discharge of patients
- Monitor skilled employee performance, perform supervisory visits, and conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Provide regular communication, guidance, and support to skilled staff through use of Slack, internal messaging, training opportunities, and general staff meetings.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to leadership as requested.
- Serve as clinical resource for care delivery.
- Manage day-to-day skilled care events and concerns as needed and reported by nurses, PT, and OT.
- Review, evaluate, and supervise delivery of skilled care and services to clients, including appropriate standards of practice, use of PPE, and adherence to firm`s policies.
- Complete review of all assessments and evaluations to ensure information is complete, accurate, and complies with appropriate standards of practice and law.
- Oversee development and creation of Plans of Care and Medication Management Plans, including goals and interventions, to assure compliance with Joint Commission and CMS standards.
- Assist in facilitating exchange of information across disciplines, especially with adverse findings, changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as necessary, and assure exchange of information for co-managed care with other health systems.
- Review clinician visit notes and time sheets weekly to ensure timely, complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation by field staff and to monitor skilled staff performance.
- Perform nurse visits, SOC assessments and re-assessments, certifications or direct client care as needed.
- Assist in developing, refining, and improving training and orientation for caregivers and skilled staff.
- Assist in developing new client service programs, including the Falls Prevention Program, Pain Management Program, and telehealth initiatives.
- Collaborate with Client Services, Business Development, and Care Operations to develop educational materials for both clients and employees.
- Participate in QAPI program, including Performance Improvement Projects and infection control initiatives.
- Develop, refine, and improve an annual training schedule for skilled staff.
- Complete any training courses as needed and directed by executive management.
- Collaborate with Client Services and Care Operations to improve processes and policies for skilled care administration and delivery of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or graduate of an accredited/approved RN program.
- Two (2) years recent practical experience as an RN.
- Experience in Medicare/OASIS.
- Two (2) years experience in home health as licensed professional required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Driver`s License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
- Registered nurse, BSN.
- 4-5 years of recent nursing practical experience.
- We would ideally like someone who has some business background instead of only clinical experience. Someone who has an understanding of KPIs and just overall business administrative experience too. The Medicare and OASIS experience is also a great asset.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: