Job #: 36478
Title: Senior Reliability Engineer
Job Location: Seattle, Washington - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus and Stock
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunity to put your stamp on the hardware reliabilty for the organization. Life changing innovative products with a growing dynamic company. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Reliability Engineer will work as part of the Engineering Development team within R&D. They will primarily support the speciality products. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with biologists, software engineers, hardware engineers, system engineers, and external manufacturing partners. A key to success in this position will be an ability to help define the role of Reliability Engineering through an understanding of the fundamentals grounded in excellent industry experience. This position will play a key role in successfully guiding development efforts to achieving product reliability targets and will highly influence the entire product as well as the development process. This will include on future development efforts and helping support the sustaining of existing instrument platforms.
This position will be reporting into our Senior Manager, Engineering.
- Provide Reliability Engineering leadership and experience to the development team to achieve product reliability targets
- Lead identifying the highest value opportunities for testing resources to have maximum value added to development reliability goals
- Own the reliability plan for new instrument platforms and support and improve the reliability plans for existing instrument platforms
- In collaboration with Systems Engineering lead the allocation and budgeting of reliability system requirements
- Contribute to system level risk assessment and failure mode analysis to identify key risks then work with design team on mitigations and test methodology to assure product reliability
- Examines and analyzes field data in order to design testing for components, submodules, and systems
- Work with vendors and OEM partners on commercial designs, including contributing to design reviews, design assessment, problem solving, and technical input
- Ability to design and build necessary supporting test jigs and automation to execute reliability tests relying on off the shelf components and control systems (eg. PIC/arduino, PC-based, LabView, or PLC operation)
- Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms as well as lifetime and MTBF estimates for products under development and products in the field
- Author reliability reports for development deliverables
- Contribute to the Product Development Process to improve the success of new products achieving reliability targets
- 10+ years of product development experience within a regulated environment, preferably in biotech or medical device industry, with proven track record of finishing projects with commercial success and demonstrated ability to uncover systemic issues prior to NPI
- BS. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Fundamental understanding of Reliability Engineering including reliability statistics, testing, and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to drive failure analysis activities to root cause swiftly and accurately
- Solid familiarity and general understanding of engineering principles in a majority of the following areas; electronics, fluidics, mechanical/mechanism design, optics, motion control, instrument control and automation, and software
- Experience with performing DOE`s and data analysis such programs such as MatLab and Python
- Knowledge and experience with performing Highly Accelerated Life Testing
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: