See all jobs in Hummelstown PA
Job Location: Hummelstown, PA
H&K Group, Inc.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2019-1092
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Harrisburg Division of The H&K Group, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Laborer to become a part of our team. Usually performing their duties in a utility capacity, the Laborer position entails working on construction projects, often transferring from one task to another whenever the situation requires. If you meet the job requirements outlined below, H&K would be happy to consider you for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Acquires tools needed for daily operations
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Assists with pre-run markings
- Uses a paving lute to fine grade before roller man compacts
- Operates vibratory plate as needed
- Shovels asphalt as required
- Direct traffic around work area as required
- Gets tools needed for daily operations
- Gets job set up for daily function such as setting up a pipe laser
- Operates a Wacker and jumping jack to perform backfilling duties
- Uses cut saws to make pipe proper length
- Preps pipe for connection before pipe gets lowered
- Shoots grades and checks grades using laser or conventional methods
- Performs connection of pipe work
- Responsible for checking for proper pipe slope
- Preps structures for installation
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with us. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.