See all jobs in Fishersville VA
Job Location: Fishersville, VA
Location: Fishersville | VA | 22939 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Express Lube Technicians on weekend shift in Fishersville, Virginia. The Express Lube Technicians are responsible for performing preventive maintenance services on heavy equipment on customer job sites and also in shop as needed. Tasks include basic service work, oil changes, checking fluid levels, replacing fuel filters, changing tires, etc. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related equipment industry experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program. Prefer minimum of 2 years' experience in a shop service environment.
We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Express Lube Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Requirements for the Express Lube Technician positions include:
- Self-starter with strong mechanical aptitude required; able to perform responsibilities at customer job site with minimal supervision.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver's License, or the ability to obtain a CDL.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of equipment in the field and on customer job-sites.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Express Lube Technician jobs, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)