Do you love to create delight through design and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
AutoCamp is seeking a Housekeeping Manager to establish high standards of cleanliness and tidiness in AutoCamp's Guest accommodations and club house, ensuring that expectations are met or exceeded. Ongoing inspections of guest accommodations and common areas will be conducted as well as guiding housekeepers on best practices to deliver exceptional guest service.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the world's top outdoor destinations we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? We'd love to hear from you. Be sure to fill out the application and if you have a resume and a cover letter attach them too.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead by example: provide high-quality service and uncompromising hospitality towards all customers and associates.
- Manage a multi-cultural team and lead in a manner that embraces diversity.
- Ensure Autocamp standards, operating procedures and policies are in place and followed.
- Routinely inspect accommodations and common areas to ensure property exhibits Autocamp's high standards of cleanliness and orderliness. Examines carpets, flooring, drapes and furniture for stains, damage or wear, and all kitchen items (glasses, silverware, dishes) for spotlessness. Maintain records of inspection results.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment, and distribute to housekeepers and other department associates, as needed.
- Place orders for room supplies, and furniture renovation or replacements.
- Review linen counts and supplies. Aid in budget control through supervision of housekeepers' use of linen, supplies and equipment.
- Review status of assignments assist and guide associates with follow through when needed.
- Notify housekeepers when an inspection reveals sub-standard results, support housekeepers through training to help them meet expectations.
- Partner with other departments and management to ensure the best possible experience for each guest, in accordance to Autocamp's standards and guidelines.
- Develop and implement plans that continually improve upon guest satisfaction and associate performance. Respond and follow up on assigned customer care issues.
- Attend to guest requests and complaints, resolve issues and partner with other departments to ensure an excellent guest experience.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency plans and safety practices and know how to act upon them.
- Report any unusual occurrences immediately to the General Manager. Complete and submit compliance related reports and forms as needed.
- Communicate in a timely manner with other department managers regarding issues that require their attention.
- Know the facilities and hours of operation of the property.
- Ensures that lost and found items are always properly recorded and checked into designated holding area.
- Comply with guest accommodation entry code control policies.
- Perform housekeeping duties, as needed
- Responsible for leading Housekeeping Associates and supporting the General Manager in the oversight of the property.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have an understanding of how to properly use cleaning equipment and products.
- A working knowledge of best practice in housekeeping.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning product handling and safety procedures.
- Skilled in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of the housekeeping team.
- Able to understand safe work practices and communicate these effectively to associates and management.
- Prior hospitality experience.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate
- Two or more years of progressive and practical experience supervising housekeepers.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL.
- Excellent and effective leadership skills that guides associates in successfully carrying out a variety of duties associated with housekeeping and safety practices.
- Able to solve practical problems and know how to navigate ambiguous situations. where standards have not been established.
- Strong management and relational skills.
- Thoroughness and an Attention to Detail.
- Regularly works outdoors, in all seasons and all-weather conditions
- Regularly works with mechanical, electrical and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently exposure to smells and chemicals associated with cleaning products.
- Excellent and attentive customer service
- Able to work a regular schedule which may include weekends, holidays and occasional overtime; 24-hour emergency on-call availability will also be required.
- Must be a MacGyver, and able to find solutions when issues arise.