See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Event Planning and Execution
Req ID: 4945
Stand Together is seeking an experienced events director to work within a fast-paced development team to manage a team of events professionals and a portfolio of events for some of country's top business and philanthropic leaders who are tackling the greatest challenges of our time.
This is an opportunity to leverage your skills and experience by working on exceptional events to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics to empower people to improve their lives. At Stand Together, we are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders to maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to break barriers to opportunity throughout society. We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Supervise a team of event managers and coordinators, including developing their skills and knowledge, coaching, mentoring, and optimizing team talent
- Oversee - and, in some cases, drive - the planning and execution of events to identify new members and engage our current partners
- Manage workflows and shepherd events from inception to completion (across internal and external capabilities) to ensure milestones and deadlines are met and desired outcomes are achieved
- Identify effective metrics and KPIs to evaluate the success of events and connect the team to what's working and opportunities for improvement
- Propose and implement new ideas and industry best practices to take our events to the next level
- Oversee and manage costs across events and understand ROI with all event-related expenses
- Manage on-site execution to ensure events run smoothly and exceed discerning guest expectations
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 8+ years' experience in a professional environment and 4+ years of managing direct reports
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Direct experience in planning and executing both small and large-scale events, and managing a team of people contributing to those events
- Proven ability to manage project timelines and effectively prioritize and meet a consistent flow of deliverables with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be proactive, entrepreneurial, and have a high degree of responsibility
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must demonstrate humility and a desire to continuously improve existing skills and knowledge
- Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office
- Work travel and/or onsite event execution expected at least once a month
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or equivalent accreditation
- Experience in a development or fundraising team, planning events aimed to increase partner engagement and contribute toward fundraising outcomes
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management (MBM ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.