Primary Role: Directly responsible for scheduling the shipment of our products to our customers following all DOT (Department of Transportation) rules and regulations. Manages and schedules the drivers CDL and Non-CDL drivers. Insures the loading of the product is safe and secure and follows our standard operating procedures. Responsible for scheduling the routine maintenance/repairs of our vehicles as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing delivery schedules for our dealers, production staff, and order entry.
- Hiring and managing our CDL Drivers and Pilot Drivers.
- Acquiring the proper permitting in various states for oversized loads.
- Scheduling third party vendors if necessary to deliver our product.
- Assisting customers in loading and delivering.
- Reviews log books and timesheets for accurate recording.
- Monitors GPS system to insure vehicles are communicating with software.
- Reviewing licenses and tags for renewals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as Logistic/Shipping Manager.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and Management ability is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form to plant manager, employees and/or
- Knowledge of oversized loads is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work load, generate reports as requested, and set and reach goals while meeting deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office will need to learn Thor.
Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements of the position include but are not limited to prolonged standing/walking while loading pools. Requires PPE to be worn, hardhat and vest.
- Lifting up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Generally will be in an office setting, unless loading pools.