DASCO IS GROWING! Voted one of the 2019, 2020 and 2021 top places to work in Columbus CEO magazine. JOIN US!
Our benefits include: competitive compensation based on industry standards, an excellent benefits package, which includes: generous 401(k) match with immediate vesting, growth opportunities, health insurance benefit opportunities which include Medical, Dental, Vision, excellent PTO which increases based on tenure, holiday pay, and a fantastic company culture!
The Healthcare Professional provides clinical insight and education to DASCO and/or CPAP Central (CPC) patients, as well as patient instruction on the safe and appropriate use of home respiratory and other equipment. In addition, the HCP may complete delivery and set-ups, perform pulse oximetry, maintains knowledge of equipment and services, remains compliant with all applicable rules and regulations and supports the continuum of care for patients.
- Educates patients/family/caregivers which may include explaining diagnosis, personal care, symptom recognition, equipment use and care and other relevant information.
- My deliver and set up respiratory equipment and provides related patient instruction in compliance with physician's orders.
- Supports the continuum of care by creating and/or overseeing care plans, communicating with the physician or other clinicians, identifying and resolving patient care issues whenever possible.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of DASCO equipment and services. May assist with quality control, maintenance of equipment, and general support of branch operations as needed by branch office.
- Maintains current understanding of insurance benefits, coverage and patient costs in order to adequately explain to patient and/or caregivers.
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA, The Joint Commission, State Respiratory Care Board, State Pharmacy Board and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintains current on professional licensure or certification requirements including CEU compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the branch office manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional licensure or certification such as Certified, Registered or Licensed Respiratory Therapist, LPN or RN.
- Six months' experience in a clinical services role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in related field.
- Six months' experience in healthcare/medical/insurance/DME customer service role
- Communication proficiency
- Customer Service / client focus
- Stress management
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
For branch positions, this is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. After hours on-call coverage may be available and is optional.
This position has no supervisory role.
This job operates primarily in a professional office setting, and also spends significant time in a clinical setting and in patient home residences. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is typically required to sit; frequently stands, occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities used by this position include both close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The HCP is a tactile position, requiring the frequent handling of equipment, gauges and meters, and some physical contact with patients during training or clinical follow-ups.
Some travel is required for this position, with occasional overnight travel for continuing education or other meetings at the corporate office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.