Under the direction of the President of Retail, the Senior Manager of Retail Purchasing for Johnson Health Tech Retail coordinates the purchasing of finished goods in our retail environment. They work to ensure that all products required for sales are purchased timely, accurately, and within the constraints of the budget, warehouse space, and inventory turns based on economic order quantities, lead times and stocking levels. The purchasing department will ensure that the merchandise purchased is of the highest quality and at the lowest possible price, from vendors that can be relied upon for on time delivery. The purchasing function manages the purchasing process including supplier negotiations, purchasing and inventory management. The Senior Manager of Purchasing will manage inventory levels and turns to maximize cash flow within the organization and minimize inventory losses due to obsolescence.
The Senior Manager of Purchasing will also oversee all of the financials of the purchasing department for the Johnson Fitness & Wellness division. This position will analyze processes and ensure proper internal controls are in place, compile and analyze financial information and operate in compliance with company safety goals.
- Researches, has a thorough knowledge of, and applies purchasing best practices to assure company is in the forefront of efficient, cost-saving purchasing processes.
- Responsible for overall management of purchasing and supply chain function.
- Develops plans and manages vendors thru continuous improvement to deliver regular cost savings and margin improvement.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining positive relationships with vendor base while implementing a culture of accountability.
- Manages purchasing relationships with internal company factories in Asia.
- Develops an annual, forward-looking purchasing plan for approval by the President. Revises and updates the plan and gains approval on a quarterly basis.
- Confers regularly with Sales, Warehouse, Operations, Finance and other key personnel to ensure a free flow of information, coordination of efforts, and cooperative internal relationships regarding purchasing and inventory control.
- Provides expertise and acts as point of contact for all product information. Is responsible for category, brand, sku analytics. Identifies trends and opportunities to enhance organizational revenue and profits through product management.
- Advises on proposed additions/deletions to product lines.
- In conjunction with other functional areas, prepares and implements work procedures that streamline processes and make operations more efficient.
- Maintains outstanding customer service and relationships for all internal and external customers.
- Manages all supplier negotiations.
- Ensures company inventory turns and dollars are maximized.
- Maintains reorder points and stocking levels. When items are purchased to replenish the stock inventory, only those quantities required to receive the desired quantity discounts will be purchased, based on lead times by suppliers. It is important that the Senior Manager of Purchasing compare the inventory carrying cost with the discounts offered and consider any difficulties associated with ordering or receiving this equipment, such as warehouse space, prior to ordering replenishment stocks.
- Ensures updates of any new part numbers and/or pricing changes are properly maintained.
- Maintains accurate records of all purchase orders issued to vendors and all funds spent. All purchases made will be within the budgetary limits set by the President for cost of sales.
- Tracks vendor performance based on supplies, delivery, wrong shipments, quality and pricing to provide feedback to the vendor and for use in negotiations. The Senior Manager of Purchasing is a key collaborator in developing vendor scorecards and annual reviews.
- Establishes and adjusts annually, minimum and maximum stock levels by store, by warehouse location and by season. These levels should be set at the lowest possible level ensuring product is available to meet day-to-day requirements while still meeting any minimum order quantities required by the vendors.
- Replenishes stock at the established minimum level using PO's. Seasonal inventory needs will be preplanned for and closely managed to ensure optimal customer service levels and company cash flow.
- Generates annual vendor performance reviews.
- Performs product life cycle planning and execution.
- Maintains price matrix ad IRIS pricing.
Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the President may assign from time to time.
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Master's in business administration is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of purchasing/inventory control/supply chain management experience, preferably in a role as a Purchasing Manager is required
- CIP/Six Sigma experience required
- Prior experience in database and accounting computer application systems is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Previous experience working in Retail Purchasing preferred
- Must be computer capable, especially with purchasing programs and spreadsheets
- Must be able to write and read reports and make presentations to represent the company to customers, vendors and other professionals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Quality of Work:
- Attention to detail
- Able to be consistently accurate
- Able to follow tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs