Under the direction of the Director of Commercial Sales, the Commercial Account Manager works to achieve the revenue and gross margin goals as agreed upon with the Director of Commercial Sales and to continue to develop assigned markets. This position will also solicit, promote and safeguard satisfactory and profitable long term relationships with the customers of Johnson Fitness & Wellness (JFW).
The Commercial Account Manager is also tasked as an administrator and coordinator to provide the necessary planning, organization, coordination, direction and control to meet the commercial sales and gross profit goals of assigned areas.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Commercial Account Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Complete and submit daily activity reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure the quality servicing of customers by personal involvement.
- Select and coordinate trade shows and clinics while staying within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that sales and gross profit goals are met through personal efforts as well as other company assets.
- Keep the Director of Commercial Sales informed as to all pertinent factors affecting assigned responsibilities.
- Monitor sales results for potential improvements and variances from plan and take appropriate actions.
- Monitor competitive activity in the market and identify new competition and/or changes in competitor's activities.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and develop programs for attracting new customers.
- Research, suggest and assist in expanding the current customer base.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and other marketing events.
- Ensure the pricing structure for products and services is competitive and that profitability is maintained in conjunction with the Director of Commercial Sales.
- Develop a solid understanding of the merchandise offered and the benefits thereof by studying manuals, literature, videos and other available sources of information.
- Demonstrate superior technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas associated with 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment.
- Ensure the prompt invoicing and receipt of accounts receivable.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospect's problems and 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment's solutions to those problems.
- Ensure that direct customer relationships are positive, productive and profitable.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face cold calling on potential buyers, email and networking.
- Ensure the accurate, timely and professional response to RFPs.
- Coordinate with the Delivery Manager to ensure a smooth delivery and installation process.
- Perform any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the Director of Commercial Sales may assign from time to time.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales Operations or related field preferred; however, extensive managerial experience in the commercial exercise equipment sales industry may substitute.
- 5-7 years of business to business sales experience is preferred
- Fitness sales experience is desired.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record is required