Aristeo Construction, one of the nations largest full-service general contractors, is seeking a Layout Manager to join our team. If you have a strong construction layout skill set, are internal-customer driven, and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you!
The Layout Managers primary role is to ensure the completion of an accurate layout for all building components at the assigned project site. This position can either be a union hourly role or salaried position.
- Oversee, develop and implement, in conjunction with the Project Superintendent, a project-specific layout plan for all projects with varying work scopes
- Act as First-In-Command on projects pertaining to layout responsibilities. Be professional, courteous, respectful and helpful to everyone at all times
- Correct unsafe conditions immediately by coordinating with the Site Superintendent
- Develop and maintain a training plan for team members while enhancing the opportunity for growth
- Establish project survey and base layout control and benchmarks
- Maintain required project documentation such as Plans (with approved changes) specifications, as-builds, shop drawings, samples, inspections, test reports, meeting minutes, and daily logs
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge and advancements of all Aristeo owned layout equipment and assist with the auditing of all layout equipment
- Assist with all project closeout requirements as needed
- Strong understanding of GPS based Trimble layout equipment and surveying methods
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and supervisory skills are essential
- Ability to read, understand and interpret plans and specifications
- Thorough working knowledge of OSHA and safety, security, and environmental rules and regulations
- Excellent with problem-solving and planning
- Proficient with layout platforms and supporting software including; GPS/GNSS systems, Robotic Total Stations (Trimble), Carlson Software, base station set up and programming
- Ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of 3D model building capabilities
- Candidates must have 5+ years experience as a Superintendent or Layout Manager on Industrial projects, commercial projects, or comparable surveying work scopes
- Candidates must have a 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- OSHA 30 and/or MUST Modules
- First Aid and CPR Class
Aristeo Construction is one of the nations largest full service general contractors, offering our clients comprehensive construction solutions in the manufacturing, commercial, industrial, higher education, and energy markets. We also boast one of the largest self-perform workforces in the state, with experience across seven different skilled trades. This combination sets us apart and allows us to better exceed unique customer expectations regarding project scheduling, efficient workflows, out-of-the-box ideas, and value-engineered solutions. We are known for our culture of safety, integrity, respect, quality, and a dedication to doing the work right.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Aristeo employees have access to the high tech software, automated equipment, and innovative methodologies that we use on exciting and challenging construction projects all over the United States for industry-leading clients. As a key member of our team, you will have a real impact on one of our multimillion dollar projects and will have the opportunity to add to our hundreds of years of collective experience.
Aristeo has been voted by our own employees as one of Metro Detroits and the Nations Best & Brightest Places to Work for six years in a row a designation that highlights our commitment to employees and creating a family-friendly and rewarding culture. Join the fun with our tight-knit team at our many company events and volunteer opportunities. In addition, Aristeo offers employer-paid benefits, competitive salaries, ongoing professional development, and opportunities for growth.
If you want to be part of something BIG, then join our growing Aristeo team!
Candidate must be willing to travel periodically to look at jobsites.
Aristeo is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Aristeo welcomes a diverse workforce and is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged, supported, and valued.
Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship.
Livonia, Michigan, United States