See all jobs in Rochester NY
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department SRO Medication Room
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! Edgerton Square, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy (CR-SRO) Program, is now hiring a full-time Medication Coordinator 1! This position pays $18/hour!
- Properly logs in all client medications. This includes checking labels for accuracy, completing proper documentation and storing medications as per DePaul's policy and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
- Makes copies of all prescriptions, updates client charts as well as the medication and treatment record when new medications or change orders are prescribed.
- Inventories medication counts in a timely fashion to identify medications that need to be ordered.
- Ensures that prescriptions are refilled as needed.
- Ensures effective systems are in place for the ordering of all medications.
- Acts as a liaison with resident, doctors, pharmacies, providers, and residential staff as necessary to ensure timely and accurate ordering of medications and appointment scheduling as needed.
- Oversees the supervision of all residents' medications in accordance with physician's orders, agency policy and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
- Reviews the Medications Administration Record (MAR) daily to ensure accuracy of the supervision of the medications.
- Reports significant issues regarding client medications to the Medication Coordinator 2, Assistant Director or the Residential Services Coordinator (i.e.: missed doses of medications, resident refusals, adverse reactions, etc.).
- Assist with the training / orientation of all new applicable staff with regard to proper supervision of resident medications.
- Responsible for the monitoring and documentation of all residents involved in the self-medication process.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitudes towards all residents (as per respect policy), family members, staff, guests and service providers.
- Ensures the medication room is clean, organized, quiet and a welcoming environment for residents.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program and the medication room in particular.
Education & Experience :
High School diploma / GED and excellent organizational skills as demonstrated by prior medication management experience, or advanced educational degree required. One (1) year experience working with medications.
* In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.
Please note, we have two schedules available:
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 7:30am-9:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday - 7:30am-9:00pm