Exxel Outdoors is an exciting and growing company, in Colorado. The Outdoor Industry and Colorado-doesn't get much better than that! This exciting opportunity as an Inventory Planner and Buyer is responsible for efficiently managing the companys inventory assets and all processes surrounding, forecasting, purchasing and analysis for your brands and business. This position involves analysis of various sources of data in order to develop demand forecasts, create and track purchase orders, communicate with suppliers, schedule production, optimize stock turns, minimize excess inventories and out-of-stocks and provide internal users accurate analysis and reporting. Check out the details below!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze inventory, demand, forecasts, sales history, market trends, and vendor lead times to place timely purchase orders within budget; ensuring appropriate inventory levels for all items.
- Establish and maintain item level demand forecasts through collaboration and statistical analysis to discover and understand historical demand patterns; utilize findings to improve supply chain performance.
- Maintain visibility to disposition of shipments and monitor production; adjust POs in system as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct monthly Open-to-buy Review Meetings for assigned Brand; garner feedback and relay general inventory information to mitigate risks/exploit opportunities.
- Manage purchases around style life cycle to prevent potential excess/obsolete inventory; work with product teams for product life cycle visibility.
- Maintain accurate line list including coding of Excess and Obsolete items, publish updated reports prior to the end of the season for closeouts.
- Regular and upon request inventory level reporting by Division, Label, Category, Location and status (obsolete/aged/current).
- Communicate regularly with Reno warehouse, dealer & customer service and sales management on key issues that may effect on time delivery of product to customers.
- Provide support and/or training to other staff members as required.
- Daily communication with numerous International and Domestic suppliers
- SKU creation and costing.
- Maintain company Master Cost Grids.
- Planning process documentation, project status management; lead and design continuous evolution of tools, processes, and reporting.
- Create off-system custom reporting as required by the business.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- 3 - 5+ years experience in retailing/manufacturing sector with a comprehensive understanding of supply chain planning activities, inventory management processes, measurements and best practices.
- Firm understanding of key inventory performance metrics, turns, months of supply, excess and obsolete inventory, lead time planning, safety stock, margin contributions, etc.
- Firm understanding of demand management/forecasting tools, sales forecasting processes, marketing operations, finance, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
- Understanding of international production and sourcing practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the Open-to-Buy and/or Budgeting process.
- Bachelors or higher degree (Supply Chain and/or Business Administration preferred)
- APICS certification is a plus
- Must be able to solve complex problems with an analytical approach. Ability to determine root cause and develop creative solutions.
- Familiarity with accounting controls and budgeting, planning, and forecasting processes. Strong background in spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel, Access, and Planning systems.
- Detail oriented and accurate
- A strong work ethic, a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness, strong written and verbal communication skills, highly organized, and meticulous.
Come have some fun!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoor Products, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Product Allowance, Pro Deals, and a Flexible Working Schedule.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.