**Brand new, state of the art facility is actively hiring for security employees**
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is seeking Safety Aides to join our team at our brand new, state of the art Family Residence to help create a safe and welcoming space for our families. This role will be within the Security Department but work with other units to ensure the safety and comfort of our families. Safety Aides are required to have a current NYS Security License at time of hire. This position is part of the union. After a 4-month probationary period, all Safety Aide employees become a member of IUJAT Local 1212.
ABOUT HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC.
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is a non-profit social services organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as a hub of opportunity for families both residing in shelter as well as those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from childcare, early childhood education centers, afterschool clubs and programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to housing assistance, case management, parenting workshops, career and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the whole family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol interior and exterior areas of building and report any safety hazards or unusual conditions to Safety Aides, Safety Supervisors and Security Operations Managers.
- Monitor the entry and exit of residents by maintaining a sign-in log and requiring identification.
- Maintain daily log of all visitors and vendors as directed by a Safety Supervisor.
- Prepare incident reports or maintenance tickets on hazardous or dangerous conditions including, but not limited to child safety issues and fire hazards.
- Complete rounds of the building to ensure families are safe.
- Accompany the family services department on their room inspections and unit wellness checks.
- Valid NYS Security Guard License.
- Current 8-hour certificate.
- 16-hour certificate.
- Fire Guard (F-2) or Fire Safety Coordinator license a plus.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3 weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick leave.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.